Claud butler frame number enquiry

Hello @Erik after looking at these photos I’d agree with @dwscrimshaw that it’s from 1940. And the details of the frame would suggest it’s a Sport Anglais BFDE8BDB-929C-49EA-865C-B937FD498126.jpeg

Thank you very much. You guys are both founts of knowledge! I would like to put it back into its original spec, if that is possible. Are period-correct parts available? Are you able to recommend anyone I could take this to to get it rebuilt? Thanks again.

Thank you very much. You guys are both founts of knowledge! I would like to put it back into its original spec, if that is possible. Are period-correct parts available? Are you able to recommend anyone I could take this to to get it rebuilt? Thanks again.
It all depends how deep your pockets are. I’ve restored to catalogue a number of Clauds as private commissions but the price might make your nose bleed.
Tbh the best and most cost effective way is to start a build thread here on this forum and ask for help.
You can get companies like Argos cycles in Bristol to do everything for you but they’re about three times the price.
But something you should consider, I’d guesstimate the resale value of a bike like this after restoration would be approximately a third of the cost of the restoration. Strange but true

Back