Classic British Bicycles (200 makers mapped!)

Andreas85

Dirt Disciple
Ciao everybody!
I am excited to share the completion of my research and art project on the Classic British bicycles poster map. Through online resources and consultations with local collectors and enthusiasts, I was able to discover and re-design the logos of over 200 producers.

The journey was both fun and educational, as I learned about the size and scope of the bicycle industry in cities like London and Birmingham. I also made a special effort to map local frame builders in remote areas of Scotland and Northern Ireland, despite the difficulties in obtaining information. These brands may not be as well-known as their Italian counterparts, but I am confident that they were exported to nearby countries and the US.

Do any of these brands hold a special place in your collection?

Limited and numbered print copies of the map are available for purchase at
www.corsaclassic.com

ENG Front_social.jpg

Excellent !!
I think you missed out HR Morris in Walthamstow (where I’m from)

Very interesting project, it must have taken a lot of time and effort to put it together. But how about Steve Elsworth in Wetherby? Late 80's after he left MKM along with Bernard Macklam in Leeds.

Very interesting project, it must have taken a lot of time and effort to put it together. But how about Steve Elsworth in Wetherby? Late 80's after he left MKM along with Bernard Macklam in Leeds.
It is represented only by MKM on this map!

I quite like that! What's your specification for "classic"? No Dave Yates or M Steel together with Joe Waugh? No Arthur Caygill? Kevin Winter? Depends on the time period and available space I suppose, but there are lots more than just the ones included so far!

Norman Fay Cycles Ltd, South Shields

norman-fay-brochure-3-jpg.48746

norman-fay-brochure-1-jpg.48747

Norman Fay Cycles Ltd, South Shields

norman-fay-brochure-3-jpg.48746

norman-fay-brochure-1-jpg.48747
Thanks for this!

Can't see Hawkes, Barking rd East Ham or E.G.Bates, same road. Horace Bates EG's brother Westcliff on sea, Rory O'Brian Romford, Vic Edwards. F. Lipscombe Walthamstow. Just because I can't see them doesn't mean there missed :)

Last edited:
Back