Cassette

Naycrx

Retro Newbie
Hi,
I have a Falcon team Bannana, it's all newly refurbished. Unfortunately I'm just not getting along with the gearing. It has a really small 6 speed cassette on the back, does anybody know if I could put a larger or higher tooth cassette on to ease the peddling.... Really want to be able to spin my legs a bit more

Depends on the rear derailleur you have, but I would imagine that whatever it is it should be able to cope with up to 26 teeth maybe 28. You'll probably need a new chain too, because the existing one will likely be on the short side to take a bigger cassette. Is it a freewheel or a cassette? I have a 6 speed freewheel going spare which you can have for the cost of postage if it's of any use. I think it's a 13-28, but will check.

Hi that would be great if you wouldn't mind, I have just had a Look it appears to be a free wheel with the largest cog being 21 teeth..... Would I see a difference with this?

6 speed 14-28 freewheel, never been used. Drop me a PM if you want it. Cost of postage is fine by me, I have nothing to use it on. If you can't pm, just answer here

Back