Carlton Road bike - Professional???

Are you judging size by a modern bike? Quite possibly, by using period measuring criteria it might fit. Having said that if its uncomfortable why bother.

Re:

Thank you all for the replies. Been having a think about this bike and it is just too big for me, and with getting married in sept the other half is putting the pressure on to get rid. Does anyone know how much it would be worth in its current condition?

Won't be selling with bottom bracket, crank, dérailleur, or wheels as my dad has dibs on them. Would be sold as seen in the photos - ambrosio stem and bars, campy seat pin and brooks (I think - logo has worn off) and some universal brake callipers.

Could you please confirm the size, inches would be best :). As ever with 70's stuff I'm interested.

Thanks

Shaun

Re:

Seat tube is 24" top to middle of bottom bracket
Top tube is 22.5" centre of seat to centre of head tube
Head tube is about 7.5"

Cheers
Ben

At 6' with longish legs I can cope with that :). Bitd they would have sat me on a "Longfellow"

Shaun

Re:

Hi Shaun, at 6foot it's probably about right.its original owner is about 5'11. Are you interested? I'm in dawlish Devon if you wanted to see it.

Hi. I'm in Cumbria which is a bit far to view but the pics show it as a Carlton Pro which is good enough for me to ID :). Very interested as we used to sell these, albeit the slightly later version that had the shot in rear stays. Have you got the frame number?, I wonder if it begins with an "F".

Shaun

Back