For Sale Captain Cowell's Karma-larder Free-nominal Love-spreading Ding-Dong!.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the e-bike is going well too.I'm sure we'll all be appreciating them at some point.Imagine flying round the trails at 80 but still having the legs like you were 17 again
Yeah, thats a good descriptive of it, and certainly all the hills i struggled on, or at least considered to be a slog, which itself lessens the enjoyment I can now fly up without any problem whatsoever. I dont normally climb a hill at 15-18mph and its pretty good in that if the speed falls off, the motor adds what can only be described as a kick. Feels amazing
I'd happily recommend an Ebike to anyone, such is my conversion.

Goes along with everything I've heard.Whole new ball game.Had a go on a couple,on the road,and was impressed.Was expecting to 'feel' the assistance but it feels like you're riding a normal bike until you realise the speed you're doing.And as you mention,that gentle push when the cadence drops means,just where you need it.All very clever.Starting off wierded me out a bit at first.Whoah boy!!
My ex's brother bought a full suss Cube e-bike 5-6 years ago.Got a chip off eBay for £60 (Warranty void!) and had 43mph out of it!.He's a stocky lad too,he reckoned he had a few dirty looks flying past the serious roadies! 😂
Feel free to have a think of a nomination.If you have a little something to say or something of interest to add here I'm sure we'd be glad to hear it.You can post at a later date,no pressure.
Don't expect everyone to go to as much effort as Mezzanine,but that would definitely make a fantastic thread!

I would like to thank THM for the nomination (despite the fact he snaffled both items I was really after 🤦‍♂️ 🤣).... After lots of agonising and soul searching could I take 67 please 😁..... As for a nom, I would like to propose @KondratievsBike, I have had some good chats with him and although I haven't taken him up on it (yet) has offered to shuttle a frame from his to his local coaters as they don't accept postal frames anymore, so I hope this is a little paying it forward... I like the cone 🍦BTW🤣
That's very nice of you
Did make myself chuckle with that one.Was looking at the screen and the VLC media player icon (being a traffic cone) caught my eye 😂
Couldn't find a traffic cone emoji,or anything that shouted 'Conan' at me so ice cream it was!
Yes,No.67 the Mavic 230 wheelset is yours! Haven't posted wheels for a while but I reckon £18 will cover it.Drop me a pm whenever you like.
Thanks for your contributions and nomination👍. @KondratievsBike Come on down and join the Ding-Dong!...key🐴
I must admit,I've not noticed you before so feel free to tell us a little something about yourself/projects/site experiences,and let us know what you'd like from the Larder!😁👍
That's very good of you @KermitGKona88 and what a fab thread @captaincowelly

I'll have a good old peruse when I'm not supposed to be working :LOL:

Hmmmm about me... Just north of 50, my "golden age" was the late 80s and early 90s, those of the NEMBA and Moore Large Looking After Old People Series, stupid spoke patterns and Bula hats... the pride and joy is still my Dave Yates (bought after we me and another mechanic worked with at Chevin Cycles blagged ourselves a tour of the M Steel frame building workshop in Wallsend and now on it's second respray) and my Raleigh 653 road bike (sold to a mate who then crashed it back in about 1994 and it took me until 2019 to find the same frame in the right size and build another.

A great starter and very poor finisher of projects on account of the kids and the job and trying to ride and run and swim (and my magpie mind) but I do love the amazing work of @Peachy! @sinnerman (other gurus are available but these were the two names I remembered).

As for my experience of RB... if any of the holy books are true this is what the after life will be like... lots of great community, fine people and good karma (with the smell of GT85 and NOS amberwall tyres thrown in).

Stay well y'all and thanks for the karma.

That reminds me I still need to drive the couple of miles over a big bridge to go to @Andy B and pick the stuff up.

Edit just seen the latest news, RIP thanks for the laughs and chat in messages.
-----------------------

Last edited:

I was thinking that steve made such an impression with his generosity, asking for nothing in return ( other than good will), that it might be nice to do some good, in his patent style and for a good cause.

Mental health effects everybody to varying degrees and sadly, people of our generation ( if you were biking in the 80s I mean you!) still very often see it as a weakness or something to be ashamed of; asking for help often seems like in insurmountable obstacle and an admission of defeat. Its not.

Im glad to see that the younger generations accept and discuss mental health far more openly......

So could we offer up some of our squirreled away item, with each one open for bids for maybe 48h....post your bid under it.....when the times up it goes to the highest bidder.....money goes to charity.

I know this breaks the selling rules andcwe would need the gov'ner to give it the thumbs up....and that it needs somebody with a far more organised head than mine to make it work fully.....but hey.....im all about ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back