For Sale Captain Cowell's Karma-larder Free-nominal Love-spreading Ding-Dong!.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That XT cassette looks rather shiny and wholesome:D
Cheers Dom. Cheers captain👏
I'd like to nominate @retrobikeguy because he's a complete star⭐😁
(and a stupid headphone wearing cat)

Last edited:
Good choice I have to say!✨⚙️✨M737 Cassette is yours!Very tidy it is too. £4 postage will cover it.PM me to arrange.
Can you give us a little more detail/dirt on @retrobikeguy ?Would be nice to hear a little more to embellish the thread,if possible?

I think Lee may have been the first member I conversed with when I started my first build thread. My original MTB was a 95 MF Courier Comp and I'd just bought a 97 Monarch Sport frame to restore and rebuild. He responded to my ramblings re the decline of the brand. I got to being on the forum most every day and loved it- and there are certain members who become very familiar faces, or avatars! Lee was one of those- the big stupid headphone wearing cat:D
So one day I place a wanted post for a Monarch Team frame from 94/5. Why not? May get lucky. It was the high end steel MF from the year of my first Courier...Lee gets back to me with the Monarch Ultra he had in his outhouse/shed/workshop (delete as applicable!). So i take a trip north with a bottle of dark rum and meet a lovely bloke and his lovely dogs and look at some lovely bikes.
So there's a little detail. The dirt? Probably in his tyres!

Hi and thanks Steve for the nomination,

Thank you @captaincowelly for doing this and passing on/creating the Karma, being here for such a long time now its nice to see some goodness in the RB community.

I am however gonna pass on the offer as I have way too much stuff, honesty I've thought of karma'ing a load of stuff off myself to clear some space in the outhouse/shed/workshop as I just can't help but bring home retro goodies on a regular basis just because its retro ..... getting a bit hoarderish 😬 As such I will nominate the next victim, there are so many people that you get to know on here and it can be hard to choose just one but I am going to say @longun , I have had many a dealings with Chris, He even once drove up to me in York and filled his VW Van with about 20 bikes so we could get to iconoclassic many moons ago, we got pissed and knattered about old bikes, even shared a hotel room 😴....... boy can he fart! but that aside a great laugh, genuine and he has become a well known character of the forum.

Enjoy
RBG

So,as was suggested previously by @legrandefromage and @d8mok ,there's room for 2 nominations for members who've been finding it hard to warrant spending on spares.If an item from the list would help out,I'm sure the above fine fellows wouldn't mind being messaged,unless they've found someone already?
May be able to combine a few items,particularly if it's less valuable stuff,and it's a good cause.
@longun next in the cue,would be happy to hear a nomination/tale from him too👍
And,nominated previously,would be great to hear from @LikeClockwork and @Cheshire1980
No rush,just whenever you like.😁
Also,almost forgot, @rhyscycles , @sinnett177 ,Karma waiting for you guys!😯👉🎁🎁

Last edited:
Still no-one?😢
Well,in the meantime,I'd like to invite another member.I bought a nice M737 cassette from him some years ago but aside from that he's developed a product that I'm sure many retro bikers have benefited from.I'm sure there's a lot of unseen work that goes in to developing/manufacturing new elastomers,and he's not the only guy to have done this,but I really like the look of his product.Mostly the fact they're silicone.So they match my underwear🩱🤭.Also got a spare set to try on the missus' bridle,she chomped straight through natural rubber👹.Will try her on 'Medium' ones first and post the results for those interested👍.
Never actually ridden elastomer forks🤷‍♂️,and have yet to complete the build😴,so I'm no use as an advert!🙄 But I am looking forward to seeing the results.
So, @rva ,would you like to pick an item and give us a nomination for another deserving member?😁

really humbled to be nominated, I am sure there are more deserving than me, but challenge accepted :D
since I already got something from you on top of what was agreed, I think what's left for me is that I need to nominate somebody
and that would be Tim @Minifreak who I bought my Team RTS from, and that was for me the start of the slid down the hoarding lane
I am not sure if he was nominated or not though...

😂 Always good to have someone to blame for our obsessions! And a team RTS is a pretty good place to start.Thanks for joining in @rva,forks heading your way!
Another worthy nominee,had some positive dealings with him in the past,always pleasant to deal with.I never quite worked out whether he was fanatical about mini's/miniskirts 🚗🤷‍♂️👗or whether he's just an extremely small freak?👹🔬
I've a feeling we're about to find out. @Minifreak are you out there? In case you are freakily small,just jump on the 👍 key a few times so we know it's you!👉🕺⌨️👀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back