Canti brake bosses missing - what do I need?

And against expectations, there is adequate tension once the brake assembly is fitted to the frame. So all sorted without spending a cent.

IMG_20210419_185411546.jpg

There's the tensioning screw!
Ha, I obviously know it was there, but the issue I had was when I dry-fitted the brake, I could not get enough tension for the brake to lift away from the rim. Once I'd fitted the brake to the frame snugly, adjusting the tension was easy.

the sleeve shown in the Avid diagram different
I don't think your brakes are tri-align, they look like standard avid v brakes. On your diagram the spring is in front of the brake, in the picture it's behind, as per normal v brakes

I don't think your brakes are tri-align, they look like standard avid v brakes. On your diagram the spring is in front of the brake, in the picture it's behind, as per normal v brakes
Correct, the brakes in my photo are Avid V brakes. These replace a set of TriAligns which I removed from the frame. I said this in my first post :).

Tri-Aligns are perhaps misunderstood brakes. They take a little patience to set up, but are very effective stoppers. Also I think are affected by lever choice. V brakes are mechanically superior though, and are better suited to my current terrain. I'm hanging on to the older brakes for when I swap back.

Back