Cannondale identification please

Latest on this;
I had to cut the plastic end caps off of the skewers so that I could get to a metal part I could actually grip with pliers. Both skewers now removed (and subsequently knackered).
Stem bolt undone, and the wedge nut moves up and down in the steerer tube - but the stem won’t come out of the steerer. I managed to move it about a 8th turn one way, but now can’t move it back!
The whole headset/stem/steerer has been soaking in Plusgas for a few days, and this evening I was able to rotate the forks almost fully - so at least the Plusgas has freed up the headset bearings.
I can’t get the wedge nut out of the bottom of the forks as there is a rivnut of some sort for a reflector or canti-stop mount, so that’s limiting my ability to work on the stem from below.
Plusgas applied where possible for the time being!

Consider me temporarily confused.
I'm at the reassembly stage of this little red devil, and was about to reattach the STX RC cantis that came off it, now in a bag, when I noticed that I have what I thought was two rear right cantis and two front right cantis - on the basis that I'm used to seeing different sized cantis front to rear, such as M900 sets.
So there was me thinking damn I'll have to source new cantis for this, but when you look at the '95 Shimano catalogue, it turns out STX RC cantis have non-matching arms! Look at the aperture sizes in the pic...1 large 1 small. Panic over, back to getting it built up.
1637145268335.png

i expect the front end was worse because it's about 3 years older than the rest of the bike. older pepperoni's fitted after front end maybe? or fitted because they only weigh 750g......? weight weenies was a big thing!

I’ve been offered a Cannondale at an as yet to be agreed price, but I know very little (i.e. nothing) about Cannondales, so don’t know what I should offer.
Only got a single picture of it at present and I’m struggling to identify which model it is.

From what I can see it’s red (duh), quill stem, Pepperoni forks, wish-bone seat stay, non-extended dropouts. Any ideas?? Thanks.View attachment 566006
I would guess this is a warranty replacement frame (no model number), built with what was the components of the original bike. It would also explain thumb shifters, DX rear mech and so on.

Latest posts

Back