Campagnolo seat post off e-bay.....spot the schoolboy error

Midlife

Retro Wizard
Hmm.

Bought a Campag seat post off e-bay for the Bob Jackson as all I could find was the one for my Falcon, not too bothered about the condition as I was going to have a go at drilling it like the 1970' one I can't find.

Spot the schoolboy error......... :oops: (pic is from the e-bay advert)

34rhd3r.jpg

Shaun

Yep........I failed to spot the lower cradle arms were missing. Can't complain as the pictures are as clear as day when you look at them properly LOL

Thanks for the offer excel :) I had a Trawl about e-bay again and got this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261565172539

Just realised.....I will still have a post spare without the lower cradles :(

Shaun

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I had a similar Ebay experience. My Campag seatpost arrived with one lower and upper clamp from something else. I stuck it in the box and didn’t realise until I used it in a build months later. It sort of works OK and was very cheap suggesting that others have better eyesight than me. I can’t help thinking that somewhere else someone has a Shimano seatpost with slightly wafty Campag clamps fitted. :roll:

I saw those on my quest, just thought over 20 quid was a bit much. I have managed to get a complete cheap post for 20 quid so will give me something to practice my "drillium" on :D

Shaun

Re:

As it happens I've been playing with one of those today - right pitd. How are you supposed to get the spanner in past the saddle rails? Whoever invented the 1 bolt seatpin deserves a medal...

Campagnolo had a special cranked spanner................. Yep, real PITA, a small socket from the rear sometimes works.

dsc_0033_331_general.jpg

Shaun

Re:

Midlife":dkdn47ff said:
Campagnolo had a special cranked spanner................. Yep, real PITA, a small socket from the rear sometimes works.

dsc_0033_331_general.jpg

Shaun

Ah that would do it, yes

Back