Calling US based retro bikers - help please

Late to the party, but yeah, give me a shout if you ever need anything. Happy to bid, receive and ship on people's behalf.

I've done so before and am a reasonably trustworthy person! ;)

I can tell you as I've just got back from the post office that a frame packed nicely and shipped in a box just big enough will cost you about $102 USD with tracking (valued under $200 for insurance/customs purposes, so some risk there, depending on what you're buying). Might take a couple of weeks to get there, but it's a lot cheaper than UPS which would be at least double that, if not triple.

89 Stumpie Comp. I've been advised that it's overpriced, so the search goes on!
I'm curious what people believe is a reasonable price for that frame. I'm sure it varies in different parts of the world based on availability and perceived brand value etc. In the mountain west region of the United States they tend to turn up semi regularly.

Late to the party, but yeah, give me a shout if you ever need anything. Happy to bid, receive and ship on people's behalf.

I've done so before and am a reasonably trustworthy person! ;)

I can tell you as I've just got back from the post office that a frame packed nicely and shipped in a box just big enough will cost you about $102 USD with tracking (valued under $200 for insurance/customs purposes, so some risk there, depending on what you're buying). Might take a couple of weeks to get there, but it's a lot cheaper than UPS which would be at least double that, if not triple.
Great, thanks for that, good to know.

I'm curious what people believe is a reasonable price for that frame. I'm sure it varies in different parts of the world based on availability and perceived brand value etc. In the mountain west region of the United States they tend to turn up semi regularly.
You're dead right, hence I got over excited!!

To be honest, if I sold....I'd probably want another! I'd originally built it as a resto project but when it didn't sell....It turned regular rider. A convert to the ride of a steel Stumpjumper.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy
Don't sell it, gorgeous bike mate. Those late 80s specialized ride so well

Back