boy"O"boy's 1991 Raleigh Dynatech Endeavour x2!!

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Re:

Loving this already, always loads of attention to detail in your builds. That copy of MBi was the second bike magazine I ever bought :D


Tuned in for further updates....
 

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Re: Re:

mynchiboy":9611z3kz said:
Loving this already, always loads of attention to detail in your builds. That copy of MBi was the second bike magazine I ever bought :D


Tuned in for further updates....

Cheers! There's nothing like reading that copy of MBi / MBUK you remember some 30 years later. I'm fortunate enough to have most of these (other than those in my signature) so when I saw this feature in MBi - it really stood out..... Probably more for it's review to avoid it and go for the lesser Odessey!

I've never seen another here!? - anyone else with a Dynatech Endeavour?

Day 2 update....

The paint goes on. Perfect day for drying outside. :D

Cheers,
boy"O"boy
 

Attachments

  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 553
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 553
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 553
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 554
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 553

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
ultrazenith":2xm63lx2 said:
Watching this with huge interest!

Thanks UZ. Here's the day 3 update.

Base coat of blush went on well.
Scuffed the surface with Scotchbite fine and onto the lacquer coats.
A perfect day for drying outdoors. Going to let this harden out for 7 days now..... But plenty of updates to come to get the Dynatech build ready.

Watch this space....

Cheers.
boy"O"boy
 

Attachments

  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 520
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 522
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 522
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 521
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 519
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 519
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 519

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Kona-Ian":1z0tu8wi said:
Love old Dynatechs, you have made a good job.

Cheers Ian!
Dynatechs and Saabs! - you are a man of good taste Sir!
Correct rear pipe now fitted to the Carlsson. This year's plans are wheel refurb and interior, just to get it in top shape. Took it down to Caffine Machine a couple of times were its been well received.

Will keep the updates coming on the Dynatech. Hoping to get this done in the coming weeks. Watch this space!

Cheers.
boy"O"boy
 

Kona-Ian

Senior Retro Guru
boy"O"boy, I take it you are on uksaabs?
What's your name bud?
I found my way back here tonight after a couple of years.
Someone replied to my old thread and got a notification. Weird part is I got the bike out today to use while on this lockdown thing.
 

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Kona-Ian":ju762ux7 said:
boy"O"boy, I take it you are on uksaabs?
What's your name bud?
I found my way back here tonight after a couple of years.
Someone replied to my old thread and got a notification. Weird part is I got the bike out today to use while on this lockdown thing.

Cheers Ian. You can find me here.

http://www.uksaabs.co.uk/UKS/viewtopic. ... 0&start=40

Not really an active user on there anymore though.... The name is pretty redundant too as I haven't lived in Suffolk for at least 3 years.
Nothing wrong with the site..... Just prefer it here.

Day 4
Dynatech Endeavour

So, the clear coat/ lacquer has been left to harden for the next week.

The neon yellow flexstem is an essential part of this build. The catalogue pics show the early steel flexstem whereas the MBi review shows it with a later aluminium quill version.
After much deliberation- thanks Minifreak for sourcing me a steel quill version, I've decided to opt for the aluminium quill.

eBay served up a very nice NOS/NIB fluorescent yellow. However, not paying attention to the discription - I had purchased an 1 1/4" type.
Couple of months later, eBay served up another NOS/NIB flexstem- this time in the correct 1 1/8" size, only in black.
Simple solution, just swap over the quills and I've now got the correct 1 1/8" stem with a spare 1 1/4" stem to boot.

Here's some more pics of a fairly easy day waiting for the lacquer to harden.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy
 

Attachments

  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 461
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 462
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 461
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 461

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Re:

Stem quill reduction complete.

More updates to follow

Cheers.
boy"O"boy
 

Attachments

  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 457
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 457
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 457
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 456
Top