BotM December 2018 - Flagship gruppos.....no thankyou!

Re:

Loving the foxes! Perfect outlet for them. And T24's I have always found a bit nuts.
Loving the 'dale too, but not as much as I think I love that garage..... have we ever seen a man-cave thread on this?

Re: Re:

sinnerman":1h8u98hf said:
Sinnermans Cannondale SM400 1987

In an Era of Skinny steel tubing and Far east mass production, Cannondale and Klein were a revelation when they hit the UK shores for me. What was a surprise for me, was the frame. Whilst the spec was Low end, the Frame was Handbuilt in the USA, a far cry from what we were use too at these price points.

A mix of Suntour, Sugino, Araya, Diacompe made up the usable but upgradeable spec, with the suggestion of Index gearing which was more akin to Friction shifting with a noisy Ratchet....LOL.

Merry Christmas to all. :xmas-big-grin:

Wow! What a beaut! Love the Foxes as well.

Just loving this theme. It’s a bit like when you were at school and you undoubtedly lusted after one of the supermodels like Cindy or Elle but the girls you really fancied were Julie Knowles with the blonde hair in the 6th form or Busty Claire from down the roller disco cos they were realistic fantasies that you could, possibly after a bottle of Pernod or Archers, get to have a snog with.
These bikes are all Julie Knowles or Busty Claires and I love them all.

This, however, always brings an old F1 car to mind:

article-0-163B7178000005DC-464_634x448.jpg

Re:

HK-II’s – 1989 Fisher HK-II

Excellent theme and special month. My favourite group set which was available only in 1989 the mighty MT62 Shimano Deore II forerunner to DX.

This is my original bike, purchased from a store as a 2nd hand trade in after nearly a year of saving only to be stolen three times, recovered three times and rebuilt once.
This bike is also to blame for my house being overrun with old bikes mainly Fishers!
Happy New Year
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=143697

Attachments

• 1989 Fisher HKII Rebuilt.jpg
    1989 Fisher HKII Rebuilt.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 965
  • 1989 Fisher HKII ready for love.jpg
    1989 Fisher HKII ready for love.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 965

HK-II":2agqc04f said:

This is my original bike, purchased from a store as a 2nd hand trade in after nearly a year of saving only to be stolen three times, recovered three times

I can’t make my mind up from the above - if that bikes cursed or as lucky as a four leaf clover !

One way or another it’s had more come backs than Rocky !

Retro Spud":2ya6jo3w said:
HK-II":2ya6jo3w said:

This is my original bike, purchased from a store as a 2nd hand trade in after nearly a year of saving only to be stolen three times, recovered three times

I can’t make my mind up from the above - if that bikes cursed or as lucky as a four leaf clover !

One way or another it’s had more come backs than Rocky !

:LOL: Excellent - hadn't considered it that way. My wife certainly wishes it wasn't "recovered" four times! Would likely only own two or three bikes.

Back