BotM December 2018 - Flagship gruppos.....no thankyou!

Re:

Minifreak":26cgkb9v said:
I’m loving the MuddyFox JD :)

Cheers, it's 100% original accept for the tires.
Barely used, rides like new and such a lovely relaxed ride.
Absolutely my favourite retrobike.

Never thought Exage could look so good.....there's some stunners here. How the hell do you find
mid / low level parts in mint condition?

I was kind of expecting more Rat bikes and stalwart commuters; come on, don't be shy!

Great theme. Perhaps do this every Xmas time?

Re:

Sinnermans Cannondale SM400 1987

In an Era of Skinny steel tubing and Far east mass production, Cannondale and Klein were a revelation when they hit the UK shores for me. What was a surprise for me, was the frame. Whilst the spec was Low end, the Frame was Handbuilt in the USA, a far cry from what we were use too at these price points.

A mix of Suntour, Sugino, Araya, Diacompe made up the usable but upgradeable spec, with the suggestion of Index gearing which was more akin to Friction shifting with a noisy Ratchet....LOL.

Merry Christmas to all. :xmas-big-grin:

Attachments

• Cannondale 1987.jpg
    Cannondale 1987.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,212
  • Handbuilt In the USA..jpg
    Handbuilt In the USA..jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 1,212
Now that is head & shoulders over the rest.....

Picking up half a bike tonight on the way home from work, which I *might* be able to turn into a whole bike in time. 1991 (I think) Peugeot Altitude, hopefully to be transformed into a kind of poor-man's-Bridgestone X0-1/2/3, or at least something inspired by one.
What will hopefully turn into a build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=392856

Brilliant theme - loving these. I love the regular months' generally higher end offerings too, but this really seems to have captured something in lots of people's imaginations...

Si F

Re: Re:

sinnerman":3p38g8yu said:

In an Era of Skinny steel tubing and Far east mass production, Cannondale and Klein were a revelation when they hit the UK shores for me. What was a surprise for me, was the frame. Whilst the spec was Low end, the Frame was Handbuilt in the USA, a far cry from what we were use too at these price points.

A mix of Suntour, Sugino, Araya, Diacompe made up the usable but upgradeable spec, with the suggestion of Index gearing which was more akin to Friction shifting with a noisy Ratchet....LOL.

That is rather nice, maybe I shouldn't bother :shock:

Andy T":j1r1xpfi said:
sinnerman":j1r1xpfi said:

That is rather nice, maybe I shouldn't bother :shock:

Im sure the Game Changer is yet to come... :xmas-wink:

sinnerman":xf55wl1y said:

My favorite!

Back