BotM December 2018 - Flagship gruppos.....no thankyou!

Re:

Andy T 1987 Tushingham (U-Brake).

Build thread which I will update over the next day or so (not a great deal there at the moment :facepalm: ) viewtopic.php?f=6&t=383526&hilit=Tushingham

1987 Tushingham (Pre - B52 script), constructed from Tange Plain Gauge Tubes = Heavy, before the change over to Tange Triple Butted and the Tushingham B52 script change.

Completed over the last couple of days after far too long chasing parts...

Originally was to be sold with Mountain Exage M450 Groupset, Tushingham disclaimer was "Reserve the right to alter specification without prior notice",
as Exage Mountain appears to be biodegradable, I've moved up to the next groupset - I've not been able to locate certain parts of Exage..the hunt continues..

Built with year/period correct Deore MT60, Araya, Panaracer Ibex, Viscount Vento Propizio, & Sakae.

Andy :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

WOW........... :cool:

thats the game changing show stopper for me...!!!

Excellent work Andrew... :xmas-cool:

STHodgson’s 1989/1990 Saracen Trekker - 500LX

A recent purchase, and after a bit of fettling, polishing and TLC it’s ready to ride. Took it out for the first time with my 14 year old and was expecting a very harsh ride, but to my surprise it was very smooth and comfortable - might be the tyres. Quite a racy position, but not too bad on the old back.

Build Thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=392389

Groupset is 500LX throughout, apart from the rear U-Brake which is Deore ii. The reason for the non-standard spec is I think because Saracen used an old frame from ’89 and put a ’90 spec groupset on it to sell it a year later. I’ve never used the 500LX kit before and wasn’t expecting much, but to be honest it worked really well and does the job. Also never ridden a U-Brake before, and am I right in saying they are very powerful but don’t offer much in the way of modulation or feel? I’m not complaining as it’s nice to do some skids like back in the old days!

The light was failing by the time we got some photos but I think they are quite atmospheric. Here they are:

Trekker-3.1 by Sam Hodgson357, on Flickr

Trekker-1.1 by Sam Hodgson357, on Flickr

Re:

Ahh.... Tushingham... plain (gauge tubing) and simple (Exage groupset)... just what this months BOTM is all about :D

Re: Re:

jimo746":6a6x4gfb said:
Ahh.... Tushingham... plain (gauge tubing) and simple (Exage groupset)... just what this months BOTM is all about :D

That Saracen isn’t too shabby either ! ....what a great end of the year treat !

sthodgson":1akgdtiq said:
STHodgson’s 1989/1990 Saracen Trekker - 500LX

A recent purchase, and after a bit of fettling, polishing and TLC it’s ready to ride. Took it out for the first time with my 14 year old and was expecting a very harsh ride, but to my surprise it was very smooth and comfortable - might be the tyres. Quite a racy position, but not too bad on the old back.

Build Thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=392389

Groupset is 500LX throughout, apart from the rear U-Brake which is Deore ii. The reason for the non-standard spec is I think because Saracen used an old frame from ’89 and put a ’90 spec groupset on it to sell it a year later. I’ve never used the 500LX kit before and wasn’t expecting much, but to be honest it worked really well and does the job. Also never ridden a U-Brake before, and am I right in saying they are very powerful but don’t offer much in the way of modulation or feel? I’m not complaining as it’s nice to do some skids like back in the old days!

The light was failing by the time we got some photos but I think they are quite atmospheric. Here they are:

Trekker-3.1 by Sam Hodgson357, on Flickr

Trekker-1.1 by Sam Hodgson357, on Flickr

That's very nice...... :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Boulder Defiant XC… with LX grouppo. though the added Syncros "bling" might disqualify it in the eyes of some. so in that case, i'm fine with it being pulled from being entered. not expecting to win anyway. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=368131

Attachments

• DSC06502.JPG
    DSC06502.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 5,268
  • DSC06499.JPG
    DSC06499.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 5,268
Back