Bontrager Ti-Lite '96 - Build Thread - DEFUNCT

:cool: very nice, was tempted myself with this.

Its coming along nicely too, and i think the M900 with the Mag's is a great choice, though i had a similar situation and ended up going M950 with canti's, using the separate shifter pods.

Where did you source the Air B's by the way?

Re: Re:

otherself":pra16mhk said:
I would go with xtr 950 v's personally, with blue grips and blue stripe panaracer fire tires.

Did you type that with a straight face - especially given the jumper in your avatar ;)
I jest :)

This is the look I'm after
JoHohJK.jpg

M950 has it's appeal - as does but I happen to have more M900 - and if you had the £ BITD for a Ti-Lite - you'd probably be able to splash on XTR.

Once the forks are rebuilt, I'll probably fit both type of brakes and see what I think.

Where did I get the Air-Bs? Errrr - in a box at the back of my garage. They have a £6.99 sticker on them :)
I wonder how much they'd sell for these days.

Carge":3n2txzyw said:
otherself":3n2txzyw said:
I would go with xtr 950 v's personally, with blue grips and blue stripe panaracer fire tires.

Did you type that with a straight face - especially given the jumper in your avatar ;)

JoHohJK.jpg

M950 has it's appeal - as does but I happen to have more M900 - and if you had the £ BITD for a Ti-Lite - you'd probably be able to splash on XTR.

Once the forks are rebuilt, I'll probably fit both type of brakes and see what I think.

Where did I get the Air-Bs? Errrr - in a box at the back of my garage. They have a £6.99 sticker on them :)

¡Are you going w/ the iconic bontrager stem and handlebar along w/ titec bar ends and seatpost? Not forgetting those great bontrager saddles

As per other updates....
Have one of these
OmUvioc.jpg

Ti Bontrager Titec Bar arrives on Monday
Have a Titec 27.0mm seatpost
Not sure about bar ends - but could be tempted ;)

Anything you have that might be suitable? :)

Carge":xakoy62i said:
otherself":xakoy62i said:

JoHohJK.jpg

Gumwalls would look good.

otherself":3hzm9ujk said:
Carge":3hzm9ujk said:
otherself":3hzm9ujk said:

JoHohJK.jpg

Gumwalls would look good.
Those are mythos xc.

Re:

I have a choice of amber walls and I'm pretty sure I have a IRC Mythos, IRC something else and a Ritchey Z-Max.
And then there's the grey Umma-Gummas......

Updated the spec list a little - found some 1995 Bontrager foam grips last night - so they are on their way!

Hmmmm, my racing team never got on with the FiR Impes rim as it was a PITA setting up the brake pads, think we swapped over to the WTB Powerbeam rims.

Back