Bontrager resto parts needed: anti-chainsuck device, etc.

SackofHammers

Dirt Disciple
I'm starting at Bontrager restoration project which I'm super excited about, and am starting to put feelers out for parts that I will need.

I'm looking for:

1" Salsa or Titec black steel threadless stems. between 110-135mm length (open to shimmable 1 1/8" as well)

1" Bontrager quill stem - between 110-135mm length

1" Kris King headset threadless or threaded (preferably black)

1" Judy crown threaded or threadless - would LOVE to find a black Bontrager crown

Bontrager Anti-chainsuck device plate

Bontrager Brake Bosses (I think I can make these at home from standard bosses) If you have brake bosses that are a good candidate for modification I'd be interested

28.6 Seatpost clamp (preferably black)

28.6 front derailleur

Bontrager front derailleur pulley wheel (I think I have a line of these from a hardware store though)

26.8 seatpost (preferably black)

I'm in the U.S. but have bought/sold/traded with guys from the U.K. and and willing to cover shipping from across the pond if need be.

Thanks for looking!

Edit: corrected my typo post and clamp sizes.

Re:

I am sure I have a spare set of the bonty brake bosses. A chap made up a batch awhile back.
I will have look for you this weekend.

Lid

Re:

Hi ,

Are you sure you want 38.6 f/m and seatpost clamp , not 28.6 ?

Good luck with build ;)

Mike

Re:

Thanks for the replies guys.

Lid, I'd love not to have to try to cheese up a set of the bosses. Thanks for checking.

Mike, you know I think your right on the clamp sizes! I just know they are 1 1/8" and thought that converted to 38.6 but it's been a while since I was building bikes in the shop. :facepalm:

Edit: Just corrected those sizes. I had them right in my mind but was trying to type before coffee and typoed them. :)

Re:

No worries mate , I only know this because I have one myself .
It's my Sunday best :cool: :roll: Are you going to start a thread ?

Mike

Re:

I would make an anti chain suck device, from a piece of 5 mm aluminium or 3mm stainless, they are only a simple design, I may have one spare that's used though. They came in different formats for different chain ring set ups though.
I have a NOS Tioga T bone seat post in 26.8 in Black, a genuine Bonty steel gusseted stem in 1" quill will be rare and pricey.

Re:

Mike:
Think I should start a thread detailing the rebuild? I'm not sure mine will be worthy of a rebuild thread. It's going to be on the cheap and may not be historically accurate in the end since I stupidly gave away boxes of old vintage parts a few years ago. My goal is to get the frame restored/repainted and restickered and have a nice rider, rather than a bike most people would drool over.

World Ranger:
Great idea to make my old anti chain suck plate. I wonder how I can get a template to make my own?

I think I found a decent seatpost for for the money on amazon of all places. I never would have though of going to Amazon for bike parts before a web search led me there. It actually looks alot like a Tioga T-Bone post. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Kalloy-2-Bolt-Mic ... post+clamp

Re: Re:

SackofHammers":2ow2jx9j said:
Mike:

World Ranger:
Great idea to make my old anti chain suck plate. I wonder how I can get a template to make my own?

I think I found a decent seatpost for for the money on amazon of all places. I never would have though of going to Amazon for bike parts before a web search led me there. It actually looks alot like a Tioga T-Bone post. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Kalloy-2-Bolt-Mic ... post+clamp

Well in the spirit of KB (such a nice guy, but I'm stilled Pi$$ed he sold to Trek all these years later!) I'll picture one of mine in stainless and give you the measurements, howz that?

Back