Bontrager Race OR

Ridden to work on it this morning. The more upright position is definitely better for my back! The brake levers have made a difference, no more power but less effort is required to access it. This bike is fast becoming a favourite. ๐Ÿ˜

Looking good Ben, but you need to sort your rear mech cabling routing out :)

To the left of the seat post and then back under the wishbone.

BrakeHousingabdCableSetup_zps1312ea27.jpg

Oddly I picked up a salsa stem a couple of weeks ago, so that and the headset are going to be the next change on mine too.

Thanks Matt ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜
Just had a quick look and the current cable housing is too short to just swap around. ๐Ÿ˜ I have a set of Gore gear cables that have been waiting for years for the right build, I think they're going on this once I get hold of some matching brake cables, when I do that I'll re-route them as god intended! ๐Ÿ˜
Good score on the Salsa stem, I think it's a good combination ๐Ÿ‘
Got hold of a UN71 BB, so just need a slightly longer steerer so I can fit the headset and this is done (for the time being, are they ever really finished? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚)

I got my Mag 21 crown back from @danson67 who did a fine job of fitting a new steerer for me. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ˜
Back to a threadless headset, the Tange cups and bearings are identical to the threaded version so makes it an easy swap. Also decided that if it has a Titec bar and stem it might as well have a Titec seatpost. DSC_0031.JPG DSC_0032.JPG DSC_0033.JPG

A black Titec post would look rather nice - 27.0? Nudge, nudge, ;) ;)
And that man @danson67 is a bleedin' superstar - he's done a couple of bits for me too - massive "Chapeau" to him

A few updates, now running full 7 speed XT 730/732/734/735 on Mavic 231s, back to the rigid fork, new steerer allowed me to fit the XT 740 headset which I know is the next generation to the rest of it but I'm not a huge fan of loose ball headsets.
@slackboy I've sorted the cable routing out. ๐Ÿ˜
Oh and a nice titanium Titec post! Thanks @mheywoo1 for that. ๐Ÿ‘
DSC_0105.JPG DSC_0106.JPG DSC_0107.JPG DSC_0109.JPG DSC_0110.JPG

Last edited:
@slackboy I've sorted the cable routing out. ๐Ÿ˜
The whole bike is looking spot on there - a real labour of love.

Was tempted by the seatpost myself, but I've already bought too many things for the bonty this month.

Back