Bontrager Race OR

๐Ÿ˜‚ Yeah, it is, why does everything you want appear at the same time? ๐Ÿค”
My bank balance hates me at the moment! ๐Ÿ˜

Nice, i bet it rides great.

Personally though i prefer the black spec of the two above.

Thanks mk one, It does ride beautifully ๐Ÿ‘
I think if I could have had my way I would have had an all black Bonty fork rather than the chrome plate. You take what comes up though! The Titec stuff will probably find its way back on there eventually.

Wow, this bad boy has gone through three different outfit changes on one page! That's impressive, even by RB standards!

Looks amazing with the Bonty forks. And I'm sure you'll have no trouble moving the Switchblades on, if you want to.

That's pretty much a flawless bike you've got there. Congrats.

I'd be partial to a flair upgrade or two, but that's just me. It already looks incredibly ridable and fast as fook, too.

Thanks pw_pw_la ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜
I've already changed the stem back to the Titec ๐Ÿ˜‚ I think the steerer clamp looks a bit bulky on the Controltech. I suspect it'll end up with a threaded headset and a Salsa roller stem eventually, if one comes up the right size that's not going to cost me a kidney!
As for flair components, yes, I reckon brakes are where I'll go for that! Always wanted some Avid Tri-aligns and the Original CNC Speed Dial Ultimate levers (edit: which I've just seen you have on your M2 ๐Ÿ™‚ do you think they're worth the money they seem to command?) although it'll have to wait until the bank balance recovers a bit first! ๐Ÿ˜

Last edited:
As someone who recently spent more on a set of Ultimates than he did the frame he was putting them on, I wish you all the luck in the world my friend!

As for whether they're worth it...

No, not really!

Not because they're not great levers, they are, they're beautiful and work beautifully, but because the prices really have gotten completely out of hand for them.

The levers themselves work great, and my front Tri-Align is set-up really nicely. The back however stinks, so plenty of work to do to get that in the sort of shape the price I paid to have it demands!

Salsa roller would be lovely on your bike too. I hope that happens.

๐Ÿ˜ That's sort of confirmed my thoughts! I think that's why I haven't already been down that route, it's a hell of a lot of money for no real difference in function although they do look amazing ๐Ÿค”
The 987 front brake juddered under hard braking on the Switchblades which was a bit disconcerting to say the least, hopefully the new fork sorts it, I'll get out on it later to find out. If not I'll steal the M900 off of my Kona to try, if that solves the issue then I'll probably get hold of some 734 XTs. If all that fails there is always Maguras! ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks, ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜they do look sweet, if they stayed at or at least near that price I'd be tempted but I suspect they'll shoot up at the end. I also think I'd prefer black or silver for this.
I've bought 3 forks and a Zaskar frame in the last couple of weeks and as the m900 brake solved the juddering problem, a set of XT m734 brakes last night. It's time to behave myself for a few weeks and build some cash back up before buying anything else, which is unfortunate! ๐Ÿ˜‚

This (and a couple of other nice Bonty's) is making me want to get mine up and running. I've nearly sold it a couple of times but have managed to hold off. Great bikes :cool:

Back