Bontrager Race '91 - Build Thread

If I go with the gold SRP bolts on the cranks - I can use this......

Or find some black bolts - nudge, nudge, wink, wink ;)

IMG_3324.JPG

Carge - looking good. And the component(s) I like most so far - the onZa chillpills...EXACTLY the right colourway and not one I ever have seen before....

Ah not at all … the build is wonderful.....really good choices re cranks, stem...and I mean REALLY good. But I like the care on the LITTLE things too...which is where builds can go so wrong. You are attending to the seemingly little things as well as the big ticket items.

Having second thoughts on whether to use the Mavic 217s - as I feel they may be a little too modern.
So I've spent an hour lacing something else up onto the M900 rear hub that might be more appropriate - something perhaps a little Rocky Mountain ;)

Anyone got a stash of plain black chainring bolts - or SRP if I have to :)

One of the things with an early Bontrager build is that you have a blank canvass. They were sold as frames....and people did SO many different things with them. It’s not a question of chasing the catalogue parts to reproduce a set of decisions made on price points and bulk buying - they could, at the time, be ‘what I have in the workshop’ builds, or eclectic mixes of performance items, or full groupset (XTR mainly) builds. This is a Good Thing in my book...allows for a lot of creativity and nice surprises....

Back