Bob Jackson to close after all

Re: Re:

pigman":38q1msvg said:
Yes, the O2, what you say is correct. Once got to markham moor in about 20 minutes, thought I was on a flier. Think I did 1hr 10m.

My first time ever I did do a 58 on there on a Saturday afternoon middle marker event. It seemed windless, but there was no traffic. Some new kid won with I think a 53. His name was wayne randle.
My only time under the hour

I agree on the O2. Never got inside there - apart from the Askern 3-up which I suppose is cheating :) Did several 'O's' though. I could just feel the time slipping away from me over the last couple of miles.

Wayne Randle. What a star. 'Wayne the train, feels no pain!' It always seemed so easy for him, not like me, a constant struggle. Last time I saw him to talk to was a few years ago on my way home from Askern cafe. He seemed well but it was a year or two after his accident.

Re: Re:

oaklec":12bcblky said:
not closing after all?

New website coming soon
http://www.bobjacksoncycles.co.uk/

Just the name... the factory is now closed and all the workers laid off, nothing exists from the old firm but the trading name now :(

Ah so we will likely see frames shipped in from Taiwan with Bob Jackson names on, much in the way Holdsworth are now. That would be a shame.

oaklec":hcpdqnor said:
Ah so we will likely see frames shipped in from Taiwan with Bob Jackson names on, much in the way Holdsworth are now. That would be a shame.
See page 6 of this thread and the Cycling Weekly link that explains everything.

Re:

There is also a post on the Bob Jackson Cycles fans Facebook page from Wayne was has been the long term painter at BJ, that shows it was done as nicely as CW paints it to be. It’s the wording that is so ambiguous that any scenario is possible. There is no continuity though in people, place or anything other than maybe a couple of jigs.

Jamie

Back