Bikes Come and Gone List...

Re:

Cor, I'd have to have a look through old pictures as I've forgotten plenty but I must have had at least 40 1989-94 Oranges, 10+ 1989-92 Saracens, 5+ 1990/1 Marins, various mint Diamond Backs, Al Carters, etc as donors.......

Probably only regretted selling my original 89 Clockwork, Vitamin T and the mint first batch Orange C16 in purple. Maybe the 21" yellow/white Clockwork that popped back up on here recently too. I'd have had that back.

rwm1962":1j3vsaq6 said:
Cheshire1980":1j3vsaq6 said:
Orange P7 1995 silver 19inch sold

Looking at your list & signature I see a sparsity of P7's. Is it too late for your interest or not an Orange you rate?

Being a relative newcomer I've not sold a retro bike yet but will be parting with a frame & fork that's too small. Sticking to 19".

Yes definitely best to stick to a size that fits.. I’ve tried in the past to make it work.. :facepalm:

I paid £15 pounds for the P7 frame and fork. So couldn’t say no at that price. I like them as bikes, but I prefer the earlier oranges, as that’s what I liked as a young teen.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2rqevu4v said:
Cor, I'd have to have a look through old pictures as I've forgotten plenty but I must have had at least 40 1989-94 Oranges, 10+ 1989-92 Saracens, 5+ 1990/1 Marins, various mint Diamond Backs, Al Carters, etc as donors.......

Probably only regretted selling my original 89 Clockwork, Vitamin T and the mint first batch Orange C16 in purple. Maybe the 21" yellow/white Clockwork that popped back up on here recently too. I'd have had that back.

Yes you certainly had some through your doors. Which original 89 clockwork are you referring too? The Vit t you had was lovely. I sold on my yellow/white clockwork, loved it, but it was too small.
Thankfully dipped my toe once outside Orange. for a Marin..

The one am really annoyed selling is the Orange Clockwork 1992, in orange white fade you sold me Ed. The only silver lining is that I sold it to a guy who used to own a bike shop and always wanted one, plus he bought it as a complete bike. Have seen it occasionally..

Cheshire1980":2j4v1tay said:
The one am really annoyed selling is the Orange Clockwork 1992, in orange white fade you sold me Ed. The only silver lining is that I sold it to a guy who used to own a bike shop and always wanted one, plus he bought it as a complete bike. Have seen it occasionally..

Don't worry mate, I'll probably end up selling you my other one at some point and that one's even better! :facepalm: :LOL:

The 89 was my original bike from when I was a kid. It stayed in my Mum's garage for years so I decided to sell it in the end, only to regret it so went looking for another and ended up finding Retrobike!

brocklanders023":1q84vwzg said:
Cheshire1980":1q84vwzg said:

Don't worry mate, I'll probably end up selling you my other one at some point and that one's even better! :facepalm: :LOL:

The 89 was my original bike from when I was a kid. It stayed in my Mum's garage for years so I decided to sell it in the end, only to regret it so went looking for another and ended up finding Retrobike!

:facepalm: Regrets.. yes nostalgia can be a headache. First dibs on the clockwork :D would make an exception on that :LOL:

Sold the p7 a couple of years ago. I only have my current bikes on my signature..
:)
I like the P7, I like Vit T’s... but I wouldn’t buy one now because I prefer O’s, clockworks and Prestige’s more. :cool:
But horses for courses, P7 are excellent bikes, and very popular. I never had any intentions of owning one, but got one for £15.. sold on for £35 pound as I decided not to build it. :LOL: still it was bargain for someone!

Back