Bike Of The Month September 2019 - NOMINATIONS THREAD

mk one":3scb0fi6 said:
sinnerman":3scb0fi6 said:
It a Modern bike for the other BOTM comp.

You know you could have just got to the point a couple of pages ago :)

Not really, i didnt know the age of the bike, a polished Zaskar looks like a polished Zasker, a yellow fork could be mistaken for a Judy.

To be fair, the owner could have put its year of manufacture at the beginning, and not lent on the fact a legimate replica was entered last month. He could have simply said, this is my loved re-issued Zaskar, but alas he knew what he was doing, and hoped it would be considered the same.

Its not the same.

Heres a nice re-issue for sale too at the moment on evilbay

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 691
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 691
d8mok":28pi4dcj said:
D8mok’s MBUK 20th anniversary Zaskar

(Surely it’s allowed as it’s a replica of a 91 Zaskar and last month we had the lovely Yeti replica. And I like that it divides opinion too )

The Bulk of the Yeti was around in the late 80’s (30 years ago) and only recently modified,

this GT frame was still in the ground as Bauxite in 1998 and even if you claimed it was made recently by scouring the earth and collecting up and recycling Cracked period Manitou’s and Yeti’s thrown down the Kamikaze run at Momouth it’s still not an authentic pre 1997 bike ...if the Beatles 1960’s record label decided to get a load of quality look a likes into the Abbey road studio and re-record all the Beatles greatest hits no matter how good they were .......they simply wouldn’t be the real deal - just modern imitators

The Yeti on the other hand was from the right period and the same stable, admittedly not 100% the real deal either, and to a degree like Martin Kemp from Spandau Ballet having a ton of plastic surgery and now claiming to be his brother Gary Kemp - but no matter what, the Yeti was alway a period Yeti and around in the late 1980’s before having a ton of body work done.

The GT is a very nice unashamed ground up modern Facsimile using all modern materials, and has no place in <97 BOTM Your bikes serial number will confirm this point.

Re:

You do realise I’ve only posted it for a reaction don’t you?

I couldn’t care less if it’s a winning bike , people hate it or it gets removed. Just thought I’d make it a little interesting in here. I’ve owned it for over a decade so it’s not like I don’t realise it’s history or what it is. I just simply wanted to throw it on here to test what’s considered a -97 bike as the Yeti pushed that question last month quite far

For clarity though yes it’s a late 2000’s frame. However still manufactured prior to the Yeti in question as this was made very recently I believe. You can argue that the yeti uses some original frame parts but in reality it’s more modern than you think. Also maybe GT had the alloy tubes left over since the 90’s and simply welded them together for the reissue. Unlikely but we would never know.

Oh I know :D

That’s why I referenced your open gambit in my post “I like to divide opinion”
and now I’m giving you mine - it’s what you wanted .... right ?

You loaded the gun - so you can’t be surprised if people want to pull the trigger on you :LOL:

Just to be clear yours is a 100% faux / Facsimile / pastiche call it what you will

The Yeti like my Broken Yates (when done) has new tunes on an existing chassis that was built pre 1997

Re:

So just for clarity ..... if its pre 97 , then cut up , replaced with modern tubes, built again with modern tech ,painted with modern paint and uses some modern stickers that’s classed as pre 97 ?

Re: Re:

d8mok":xjkhi9ep said:
So just for clarity ..... if its pre 97 , then cut up , replaced with modern tubes, built again with modern tech ,painted with modern paint and uses some modern stickers that’s classed as pre 97 ?

Just like all those 'restored' Land Rover Defenders that started out as just a VIN plate as everything else rusted or corroded away

Re: Re:

d8mok":hrorcuc1 said:
You do realise I’ve only posted it for a reaction don’t you?

I couldn’t care less if it’s a winning bike , people hate it or it gets removed. Just thought I’d make it a little interesting in here. I’ve owned it for over a decade so it’s not like I don’t realise it’s history or what it is. I just simply wanted to throw it on here to test what’s considered a -97 bike as the Yeti pushed that question last month quite far

For clarity though yes it’s a late 2000’s frame. However still manufactured prior to the Yeti in question as this was made very recently I believe. You can argue that the yeti uses some original frame parts but in reality it’s more modern than you think. Also maybe GT had the alloy tubes left over since the 90’s and simply welded them together for the reissue. Unlikely but we would never know.

:facepalm: :roll: :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back