Bike Of The Month September 2019 - NOMINATIONS THREAD

Re:

Ah so its a manufacturers "re-issue", not a "replica" of anything.

So what year did the manufacturer "re-issue" it then....?

There-in lies the magic question i guess, if they did it pre 97 or post, the owner will know what year it is.

Im sure i got an old GT somewhere... :|

It is a replica of a Zaskar that was reissued in limited numbers if you will :)

mk one":ltj5b6vh said:

Yeah, No i get it now.

My point is, if the manufacturer made it and called it a Zaskar, then its a genuine Zaskar. Its not a "Replica" of One.

For nostalgia, a great marketing opportunity and of course profit, the manufactuer RE-RELEASED it.

Much in the same way as Specialized did a re-run of the Stumpjumper.

My point is, it isnt a Replica, but a Factory built bike using modern parts, wheels, forks, brakes, etc.

20th anniversary model so when was it released 2008 2009...?

mk one":1ab1yleq said:

Yeah, No i get it now.

My point is, it the manufacturer made it and called it a Zaskar, then its a genuine Zaskar. Its not a "Replica" of One.

For nostalgia, a great marketing opportunity and of course profit the manufactuer RE-RELEASED it.

Much in the same way as Specialized did a rerun of the Stumpjumper.

My point is, it isnt a Replica, but a Factory built bike using modern parts, wheels, forks, brakes, etc.

20th anniversary model so when was it released 2008 2009...?

Re:

I appreciate the owner wanted some debate, making ref to his Replica comment, but to be fair, its a lovely bike and wasted here, i think the right place and the winning bike perhaps is here.....

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=246148

and to be fair given how long its been since the last competiton, from 98+, he might be the right person to resurrect the comp too.

Yes, no doubt to cash in on the Zaskar name/history.

I think replica and replicate are kind of mixed in that its not an exact replica due to modern touches but tries to replicate some of the design features of the original. Also parts are kind of mute in that this was built by MBUK and the frame was only available as frame though obviously the frame was built with modern parts in mind.

Re: Re:

sinnerman":1uc8sbjk said:
I appreciate the owner wanted some debate, making ref to his Replica comment

:LOL: yes, i think we have filled a couple of pages on this already

mk one":2mxw1xpr said:
Yes, no doubt to cash in on the Zaskar name/history.

I think replica and replicate are kind of mixed in that its not an exact replica due to modern touches but tries to replicate some of the design features of the original. Also parts are kind of mute in that this was built by MBUK and the frame was only available as frame though obviously the frame was built with modern parts in mind.

Thing is, set aside the romance, the manufacturer re-issued a Zaskar is 2008/2009 (whichever).

It a Modern bike for the other BOTM comp.

sinnerman":mwgll79q said:
It a Modern bike for the other BOTM comp.

You know you could have just got to the point a couple of pages ago :)

Back