BoTM Bike of The Month January 2023 - now taking entries

Bike of The Month
I'll have a go with this one. As it's a regular rider, I've chosen a pic that shows it off post ride.....muddy as hell and flat tyre! The 2nd pic is Show format.

boy"O"boy's 1991 Orange Aluminium "O" #2

build thread here -

20230122_145022.jpg

20221009_181811.jpg

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

I'll have a go with this one. As it's a regular rider, I've chosen a pic that shows it off post ride.....muddy as hell and flat tyre! The 2nd pic is Show format.

boy"O"boy's 1991 Orange Aluminium "O" #2

build thread here -

View attachment 699849

View attachment 699850

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

I usually go with the first pic for the poll but just checking which you'd prefer Ben? Sometimes I think it would be good to have two pics for the vote, especially in a situation like this, or where someone has carried out a full on restoration, like the Fisher Prometheus. Appreciate the poll would be a bit cluttered though

I usually go with the first pic for the poll but just checking which you'd prefer Ben? Sometimes I think it would be good to have two pics for the vote, especially in a situation like this, or where someone has carried out a full on restoration, like the Fisher Prometheus. Appreciate the poll would be a bit cluttered though

A candidate for a botm theme maybe? used bikes before and after.

Thanks Adrian. Yeah....it's a valid point. Certain entries need a before and after pic to show off the whole package.

Normally, my entries show the full extent of restoration and are super clean. This time however, I want to show that this one is more than a showpiece and gets regular use year round, so I'd like the entry pic to be the 'Filthy' ;) one please.
There's some great entries in this month's nominations, super clean and considered builds. Suppose I just wanted to see what the reaction would be to a 'dirty one' amongst the 'clean'

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Thanks Adrian. Yeah....it's a valid point. Certain entries need a before and after pic to show off the whole package.

Normally, my entries show the full extent of restoration and are super clean. This time however, I want to show that this one is more than a showpiece and gets regular use year round, so I'd like the entry pic to be the 'Filthy' ;) one please.
There's some great entries in this month's nominations, super clean and considered builds. Suppose I just wanted to see what the reaction would be to a 'dirty one' amongst the 'clean'

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Not often we get two Orange Aluminium O's in one month, so it will be good to have some contrast

Might as well enter this as I'm not sure my torus will be finished in time.
No build thread i'm afraid, i never did one for this.

Tomianson's 1993 Klein Attitude 21" Gator Linear Fade.

View attachment 698852View attachment 698857

It feels disgusting to say, but I actually like that Klein!

It's almost... humble?

I think it's the levers and thumbies that sneak it past my Anti-Kleindar.

Especially running them with 8spd XTR!

Whatever will the purists say!?

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

MY MAN!

Well, I'd already sworn my vote to this bike months ago.

So there's no chance I'm backing out now.

Really glad about that too...

I might have voted for a Klein otherwise!

**Shudder**

Back