Bertolo with Columbus Genius tubing and XTR M900 gruppo

rochester21

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys. I have an interesting bike which i would like to sell. It`s a 1992-1994 Bertolo mountain bike with a complete first generation XTR M900 gruppo. The transmission has very little wear and the bike shifts and brakes very nicely. Light scratches can be seen on the crank(right arm) and derailleur. I should also add that the chain is pretty rusty, would be best to replace it.

I have made a complete set a pictures which can be downloaded from the link below:
http://fastupload.ro/a50274298ce0cdb0aa ... acf8e.html

The frame was custom made, i believe, at the small Bertolo shop in Verona. The tubing on the frame and fork is Columbus Genius made from nivacrom steel. The fork is a unicrown. It`s a small size frame, and the good news is that it doesn`t have dings or cracks, apart from a few spots where the paint chipped.

The bike has Mavic 221 UB rims, specialized saddle(worn) and handlebar, and specialized ground zero rad red tires, in pretty good condition. The total weight of the bike is about 10 kg.

I would like to get 400 gbp for it+ shipping. I`m not sure how much shipping would be, but shouldn`t cost more than 80 gbp to ship within the EU.

I prefer payment via bank transfer. Not the safest way, but this way it`s easier for me to withdraw the money, since i`m having trouble with withdrawing money from paypal into my romanian account. The bike is in Romania, will be shipped from Romania. For additional information and pictures, please ask. Thank you.
ih4a47.jpg

2ecg5k0.jpg

e7i3bk.jpg

21ovmvp.jpg

30m7cba.jpg

awrgv5.jpg

20svlaq.jpg

2n1urt1.jpg

vpkk5w.jpg

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 1,111
Hm. Tough question. I could accept payment for shipping the bike and the rest after the buyer gets it, but only from a reputable member of the site. I know i`m new here, but i can`t just ship the bike for free to anyone :D

Interesting groupset. It appears that the brake arms at least were from a groupset supplied to either a Distributor or bike manufacturer pre-release.

Re:

Genius is a great tube set, it's what the "Hardisty" was made from.

Just to close the loop here - bike arrived on Wednesday all safe and well!

Its a corker! Great condition all round and having had a first pedal today a super ride

Need to make a few tweaks as its probably a size too small for me really but lets see

Also just to add Eduardo is a top chap - sent the the bike to me perfectly boxed up and on trust - as i still need to arrange a trf to Romania

Back