Barry Chick/Shorter

Definitely genuine as the fork crown is cast with Chick. The number on the steerer and frame match and begin with C. I agree about the non-TT dimensions. Alf’s frame was very tight with next-to-no fork rake but I’m sure plenty of local wannabies rode a single Chick for road races and TT’s swapping bits as required.
7ABD146E-9769-4C3E-A7EB-26CF6B5FD3A3.jpeg

Potential set back with the plan to respray. Under the blue of the forks is chrome, roughed up to provide a key for the paint - and not a good key at that.
Any tips to providing a better result?

Did you buy those bars? Look straight from Obree's workshop. 😉
I had to discuss with Mick Burrows about rough measurements angles etc from the Mk.1 black original mini bike then worked with an engineering firm to produce a set of bars.. I actually have 2 other sets of bars with different angles.

Attachments

• 8704B464-692B-473C-8549-2B084AF2EAEF.jpeg
    8704B464-692B-473C-8549-2B084AF2EAEF.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 13
I had to discuss with Mick Burrows about rough measurements angles etc from the Mk.1 black original mini bike then worked with an engineering firm to produce a set of bars.. I actually have 2 other sets of bars with different angles.
Cool. I bet it cost you like shit loads.

Cool. I bet it cost you like shit loads.
If you mean just for 1 handlebars with the design, machining involved along with alloy welding then full NDT Inspection it was a four figure sum. x 3 & yes expensive

Back