Anyone else throwing a bike together today?

I'm retired - every day is a day off!

Spent some time today in the workshop touching up some of chips on the frame of the Scott I'm rebuilding. Quite pleased with the match I managed on the fluoro yellow.

Have all of the mechs working via Dura Ace 8 speed bar end shifters, friction mode. Rear brake (105 levers) was tricky since it is a U brake but all working now but took a bit of time to get it right. Front is next challenge. Have to possibly undo everything to take the stem out and put on a brake boss under the top nut, sheesh. Skinny tires along with taping the bars will be the last pieces to do.

Attachments

• 0507221804a.jpg
    0507221804a.jpg
    598.9 KB · Views: 15
Started this yesterday, first attempt at a dirt drop bike. Prestige lugged Jamis Dakar with Deore parts all over. Been trying to sell this but nobody likes Jamis in my area. If it all comes together I'll post pics. Nitto DD bars and a very long Nitto DD stem, Dura Ace 8 speed bar ends (friction mode) and 105 levers.
Looks like fun. Jamis frames are superb.

I agree, looking good. Just noticed how far up the down tube the bottle cage mounts are, that’s unusual!

Im new to this forum . I have a univaga ram in the attic In bits had it powder coated and all parts refurbished new bb and cables its all in bags just need a new rear shock .i might get it down and start assembling for a summer ride
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have a decent start at a project there. Good luck with the build, maybe put some pics up when you’re done - let us know how you get on. 👍

Yes i think i have and i will when its finished . Its none original colours . I have a custom built alloy elevated chainstay bike i built in 92 and i re furbished that 2 years ago a mid 90s nishiki pueblo near mint . And a 90s full suspension exocet with tripple crown and its so lite . Maybe im on the wrong thread
Thank you

Im new to this forum . I have a univaga ram in the attic In bits had it powder coated and all parts refurbished new bb and cables its all in bags just need a new rear shock .i might get it down and start assembling for a summer ride
Good luck with your build, I am also a proud owner of a univega ram so if your stuck with anything or need to cross reference feel free to message

Attachments

• 1645391382867.jpg
    1645391382867.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Thank you thats a beauty . I need to look at mine to see the colour i think its a gold ish . When i went to the powder coater i just picked a random colour to match my freelander . But i sold that over 2 years ago . So thats how long its been upstairs .
If im stuck il ask thank you

Latest posts

Back