Another Pedal Question

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Morning all,

Due to a combination of extreme tiredness last night and peace to sleep, I was up early today. I had visions of getting 4 hours peace in the garage but that is not happening. Anyway, I have a set of Wellgo pedals for my ProRace - black plastic and nothing special but they need cleaned and re-greased.

I disassembled one and found that it had 11 bearings on the crank end of the axle and 10 on the exterior end - I was careful not to drop any etc. Is this normal?

I did notice what looked to me like enough space for the additional bearing. I would be willing to bet a huge amount of money that the pedals have never been greased etc since the bike was bought.

Thanks all, I hope your weather is better than it is here,

Richard

back - with an update.

I expect the Finnish RBers heard me cursing in the garage!!!

I had a quick look at the second pedal and it is missing the threaded washer and lock nut so it is clear that these pedals have been worked on - badly! In light of this revelation, I have stopped messing with them!

Not happy at all!

I hope everyone else has a more productive day,

Richard

I took apart the front wheel hub of an old BMX and found copper grease on one side of the bearings, unless they made red copper coloured grease back in 1983? Both sides have equal bearings 9 on each side.
On a good note all bearings were in good condition considering no one had checked them for 30 odd years?

Back