Another British Klunker/Tracker/Chunker?

That’s a 26” x 1-3/8” steel rim with 40 holes. Should be tough enough to take some hits.
I was thinking of replacing it with something a bit lighter but the spacing is only 110mm FFS!
Not sure if I could be arsed…
55C706C4-9E75-4FA1-B076-D3BE0D25451B.jpeg

Blimey, that arrived fast....and I am going to have a crack at spreading my rear end myself( the BSA that is🤣) as my friend Neil has dropout alignment tools and if it goes horribly wrong we have @danson67 in our corner. I felt I needed to connect with the frame myself and not leave it to the experts, so hold that thought for the Pacific😁

Smooth, shiny chrome on steel rims?

The real fun begins when you ride in wet conditions. Pull the brakes, and nothing happens for several seconds.

If you were really lucky, your chrome rims had a strange type of knurled finish that gave better response in wet weather.

Anchors and grappling hooks can be a bit hit and miss. For dependable stopping I prefer a drogue parachute. If you've got a small saddle bag or a jersey with rear pockets then you're already setup. Just make sure to avoid the rear wheel when you throw it.

So? Something must be happening. A one armed mechanic would be quicker than this.

Oh. Sorry.

So? Something must be happening. A one armed mechanic would be quicker than this.

Oh. Sorry.

I need to clear up the back log…

Latest posts

Back