And today I did......

Velo, congratulations, I think. Give Brian time as he is trying to be good :p

For me, I have been good, I had a big cull before October when I bought the Bullitt, I sold the Big Dummy, a Mercian, A Flying Scot and a Brian Rourke from my little corner of the attic. It took all that to pay for the Bullitt :eek:
Don't be sad though, as I am not left empty, there may be one or two left up there ;)

I have actually been on the lookout for a Jack Taylor Super Tourer and have even offered my '53 NOS Jack Taylor Sport as a possible exchange in case it is one of those collector non riders who just want to maintain numbers rather than ride. No luck so far. Though I did almost succumb to a lovely 70's Bob Jackson the other day that was very low priced, but unlike some others I stayed strong and stayed focussed on the JT 🥲😥

Stay strong lads as the year is but young.

Jamie

Well the last great cull resulted in 3 more bikes, so the Great Cull of 2022 is going really well so far. :)

Well, it's only January, give it time, there's still 11 months to go 😉

I've been good so far this year too, getting rid of a few bits and bikes, you know, the ones I've not actually ridden in over a year.... The danger is it frees up space & funds for other things.... Probably more bikes.... 😆🙄

Wee midweek skive down to Pitmedden. Haven’t been since Arwen cancelled our night ride and despite positive info from Kenny, I still wasn’t sure what I’d find.
First impression weren’t great as the Kneebuster climb is gone. That’s the steep rooty one in the Clink next to the wall. Easy to reroute our usual loop around it though. Rest of the Clink trails are good though. Into the main forest and all of our usual loop is either unaffected or the locals have already cleared the trees. The best part is the trails were running amazing! The usual wet bits were um, wet (as usual) but the rest of the trails were tacky and grippy.
Not really spent much time on tech trails in a while and finally starting to find some confidence.

What did I do today........ Oh yeah I started a new job after 2.5 years unemployment due to my mental health crisis.
Unfortunately it's as a Team Member at Burger King, I'm twice as old as the managers and three times older than most of my fellow team members 🤣
Ah well its only part time but you got to start somewhere.
Worst bit is I can't eat anything as the menu either has gluten or is contaminated by gluten.
So a note to you guys, don't be off work for too long as references from over 2 years ago ain't worth much unless the company that hires you has a high attrition rate🙄

Baby steps Velo. You’ll enjoy the banter I reckon. My dad was a kitchen porter in a hotel for the last few years of his working life and really enjoyed it.

That’s another avenue to look at as well for local restaurants and hotels for a grafter in a team environment

Velo, way to get back going mate, much respect.
Age is just a number imposed by those who are younger, fitter......faster.......stronger........ f**k 'em ;)

Just remember old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill ;)

Jamie

Velo, way to get back going mate, much respect.
Age is just a number imposed by those who are younger, fitter......faster.......stronger........ f**k 'em ;)

Just remember old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill ;)

Jamie
I' m hoping the old age and treachery is references to our current PM as old I might be but treacherous I am not🤔

Back