And today I did......

Hopefully the new owner is an old customer and it will continue on as before. WHich these things do happily unless the new chap has his own idea or is young.
Have you met the new owner or any idea what it will become :?

Ive been in once :LOL: but you know a real bike shop from those fly by night pretenders.

Probably more directed at Klaus but not saying you guys are cheap or nothing :oops: Just K seems to know more about the weight weenie side of things :)

Rotor rex 3.2 cranks in particular :) How are they rated ?
And are we stuck on rotor rings or will any do :?

epicyclo":2zfqb15h said:
Went to the Square Wheels BBQ for the handover to the new owner. End of an era.

Sorry to hear it.....will the Puffer continue?

dyna-ti":2zfqb15h said:
Rotor rex 3.2 cranks in particular :) How are they rated ?
And are we stuck on rotor rings or will any do :?

I've no idea Andy, they are quite new and they are lovely and pretty bloody light. I'm fairly sure they can use regular rings as well.

Rob, I have a nice selection of 1" forks.....No DD'd though. Triple butted spinner though in silver.

Steve is going to concentrate on events I think and the 'Puffer will definitely continue.

But an unknown is the attitude of the major landowner - the old owner has just died and whether his heirs will want the race to continue may be a question. I'll ask Steve if that's going to be a problem next time I see him. It can be re-routed anyway - there's the old Scottish XC course which hasn't been used for a while and that's on forestry land.

epicyclo":132q1f8m said:
But an unknown is the attitude of the major landowner - the old owner has just died and whether his heirs will want the race to continue may be a question.

This is why I responded as I did to the idea of common land/forestry land being handed over to private owners. Some suggested it would make no difference to access, but you just never know.

Re:

Its been quite a pleasant day here, sunny, very little wind, nice temp for riding in. But today I did find my present limitations on the bike :facepalm:

highlandsflyer":2kd6gfr6 said:
epicyclo":2kd6gfr6 said:
But an unknown is the attitude of the major landowner - the old owner has just died and whether his heirs will want the race to continue may be a question.

This is why I responded as I did to the idea of common land/forestry land being handed over to private owners. Some suggested it would make no difference to access, but you just never know.

It's not an access problem. They can't take that away.

Running an event over someone's land is a different kettle of fish though.

kaiser":gyl3txpa said:
I've no idea Andy, they are quite new and they are lovely and pretty bloody light. I'm fairly sure they can use regular rings as well.
That would be good, given the price of their own, but i fear 5 arm 110/60 will leave me needing one of theirs. Unless 60mm bcd is the new 56 :?

Did you guys know Wiggle has a clearance shop on ebay ?

Back