Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
OK so a while ago I bought some lovely looking Altek levers & V-brakes, I’m sure I bought them on here, but can’t for the life of me remember who from and any searches I’ve done have drawn a blank…. :oops:

Anyway, I remember receiving them and thinking, “they’re lovely” then tucking them away for when needed. Foolishly not realy looking closly at them… 🤦
Now when I’ve got them out to clean up for my current build, I find them a bit confusing.

First they only have one machined sleeve (A) this is a good fit for the frame pegs, so I guess im going to have to get three replacements somehow..
But also, its not obvious exactly how they mount onto the pegs, the spring pin (B) locates into the main arm, but the other end of the spring housing (C) seems to be missing an anchor pin, also this component (C) doesn’t fit over the frame pin..

I’m confused… does anyone have an exploded schematic or some instructions? IMG_5840.jpg

Last edited:
they look like the caps where the mounting bolts go twist to set the spring tension like old bmx brakes. Google diacompe u brake

Re:

It looks like when you tightened the bolts, you also need a spanner to set the spring tension, so they are equal on both sides.

Never used them but look like self tension arms, like dia compe and control tech v's.

Part B goes into hole B as you said, that leaves the reccess in part C to accept the bolt head, tighten down onto boss and the spring tension should be there, should just be a case of setting the arms in the right position prior to fully tight to get the desired spring tension, my theory based on f... all knowledge of the brake :)

Cheers guys... yes, that worked...

Just need to find/make three of these sleeves;

21mm long, main tube diameter 9.9mm internal dia 8mm.
Flange dia 12.75mm x 1.6mm thick IMG_5841.jpg IMG_5842.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, all bearing producers I've used in the past have no "flanged sleeved bearings" this size in stock. :|

None of the small firms I know who have lathes will let me use there kit under current CV19 controls.. :(

That leaves me with only one option, (& the one I should have automatically gone with in the first place TBH)
Our man who can… Danson67 :D

Super job by Danson67 E71FA7BF-24AE-471E-B4B5-B87E993E5D64.jpeg

Last edited:
Re:

Beautiful brakes! have been looking for a silver set of these v-brakes for a long time - if you are ever interested in selling please let me know!

Re: Re:

ronezwun":uzicecjq said:
Beautiful brakes! have been looking for a silver set of these v-brakes for a long time - if you are ever interested in selling please let me know!

Cheers, but they’re stopping on my Titanius viewtopic.php?f=6&t=405760 until I’m dead :D

Back