A bit more of an update, drive chain now added, 10spd Shimano deore, also swapped the saddle until I find something more appropriate. Additionally I found a nice little seat post QR which I polished to within an inch of its life. So much more practical now.

I’m thinking that rather than repaint, I’ll pushing up the bare metal areas on the welds and clear coat them, I like the original paint too much!

IMG_0790.jpeg

IMG_0791.jpeg

Taking it out tomorrow night for a proper ride, can’t wait!

Good idea with the paint, looking great 👍
Thanks! It’s not the tidiest welding, but for a first attempt I was happy. I’ll take it for the ride then strip it back to clean up the frame. Also thinking I will remove the rim brake mounts, possibly look at routing the cables underneath the top tube too. I will them be able to use the kids shotgun seat on it #DadBike

It will definitely look cleaner without the rim brake mounts. I’ve used 3M adhesive cable/hose mounts before and they’re pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_4883.png
    IMG_4883.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 2
Good idea with the paint, looking great 👍
I couldn’t wait to tidy it up:

IMG_0798.jpeg
IMG_0800.jpeg IMG_0799.jpeg

Sanded and polished up a bit, then lined where polished meets paint with gloss black strips.

Actually looks much better than I thought it would.

I haven’t clear coated it yet, but I’ll spend more time on it over the next week or so.

Back