All things considered, better than I expected ..........

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
............ 2019’s Strava stats.

1131 miles done in 64 rides. Total elevation 57211 ft

Down on 2018, but not by as much as expected considering how much time fatherhood takes up. ( 1318 miles, 74 rides, 89275 ft)

Gravel bike definitely a good purchase, 40% of mileage done on it. Certainly accounts for big drop in elevation gain, as most gravel rides done from home on local routes. Out for faster rides as well, only did 200 fewer miles, but was out for 40 hours less.

This year hoping to get out into bigger mountains again, but also looking at some kind of trailer or cargo bike to get out with the wee man once the weather improves.

Bike trailers are brilliant, my kids absolutely loved ours. I tried a child seat and hated it. You need very low gears as it's a lot to haul uphill though.

hamster":2lqk3tat said:
Bike trailers are brilliant, my kids absolutely loved ours. I tried a child seat and hated it. You need very low gears as it's a lot to haul uphill though.

He's already got the low gears to haul himself uphill, so no changes needed there :LOL:

950m in 94 rides & 33000' - lots of shorter rides as I'm lucky to have some decent offroad routes I can use to get to work. Unfortunately I could only ride the first 3 months of the year & had an ankle op. Possibly ankle replacement towards end of this year but hoping to get more miles done.

Just got a bike trailer from Ikea from their Bargain Corner - reduced to £40 from from £190. It'll not get much use (probably more in hand-barrow mode) but couldn't resist at the price!

Re:

"Best" year so far for me in terms of distance, having an indoor trainer definately helps me get some exercise in during the long dark winters :xmas-big-grin:

Attachments

• download (1).png
    download (1).png
    206.7 KB · Views: 3,646
916 miles in 70 hours over 122 rides.
A big drop from my usual between 2014-2017 of around 2500 miles
I thought 2018 was poor at 1093 miles
I have completely stopped using the turbo trainer which accounted for a fair few miles.
Its a poor start to 2020 as I've been off work and in bed with a heavy cold since the 2nd

Back