A Very British Klunker

Now then...

OK, so now I have a definite date that this has to be finished by

https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads...ll-vintage-rigid-race-yorkshire-style.436616/

and in the spirit of getting my finger out I have been raiding Triumph and BSA motorbike suppliers and now got the cockpit sorted

20211020_114526.jpg

They are new re-issue parts but I wanted bars that wouldn't break as the Reyt-Pack course I have in mind will be a proper Yorkshire tribute to the Mount Tam run.

Pedals are reissue MKS BM-7's so avaliable in the UK in '79-80 and feel more in keeping ( and way cheaper) than Suntour XC-II's 20211020_114908.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely stuff. Original paint is super cool
But it is too far gone to save, I have colour matched and @Peachy! is doing amazing stuff with the decals. The final paint job will be matt and in cellulose as the original was. I know this may dissapoint but there is a point at which patina is unsustainable if you want to use the bike.

In the words of Iggy Pop

Got a little more movement back in the hand today but still being a good boy under Doctors orders😁
But....
It's amazing what you can accomplish with a vice and one hand 🙋‍♂️
So did a little mock up of the cockpit... 20211022_124336.jpg

Boy those brake levers are huge..definitely not one finger, need to trim up the bar shim but happy to have had a play.

Back