A brace of Bigfoot Smokestones.

peanutcracknell

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Hi, I am having clearout (and perhaps a fit of madness!) and I'm looking to sell both of my Bigfoot Smokestones. They aren't getting ridden and they rarely see the light of day so, as much as I love them both I think it's time they went to someone else to enjoy. (until the photos this morning they hadn't been outside since the Malverns in June 201:cool:

These are great frames, and a quick search on here will throw up lots of positive reviews. They don't come up for sale very often, I believe only 200 were made so here is a rare opportunity to purchase 1% of the entire production run of these fantastic British made frames!

The Gold one:

I brought this bike from the brother of the original owner, who I rode with back in the day. I've had it for about 4 years and in that time it's been ridden about 10 miles, most of that was around the campsite and arena during the Malvern classic 2018.
Spec below is as it stands today, When it bought it it was built exactly as it had been when Rob was riding it in the 90's - it had X-lite chicken stix and Gripshift with X-lite bar-ends fitted (these should all be available in a seperate post by the end of the day) I think this is why the grips are a bit short but I can't really remember.
You can see from the condition of the drivetrain that it hasn't seen much use so mechanically the bike is in excellent shape and the frame is dent and crack free, though it does have a few cosmetic marks here and there - I've tried to capture all of these in the photos. The worst ones are on the chainstays.

Bigfoot Smokestone frame 19.5'' centre of B.B to top of seat tube, approx 17.5 C2C
Pace RC35 fork, fresh elastomers and serviced a couple of years ago. Hardly used since.
Xt Rear derailleur and rapidfire units
LX front derailleur, hubs, Cantilevers and c cranks
Mavic 261 front rim and 231 rear.
X-lite ti bars with purple end caps
X-lite crank caps in gold
X-lite ZE360 seatpost purple head and miss-matched red clamps.
Control tech stem
Mavic headset
Tioga Psycho tyres.
Flite saddle

£375 o.n.o

The silver one.

I bought this one as a frame and fork and a few other parts about 8 years ago from someone on here (ishaw, I think it was)
I'd wanted one of these since I was a kid and saw Rob riding the gold one in about 1994, so I set about building one as close to period correct as I could with all of the parts that I wanted but could never afford when I was a young lad.
I think I still have another set of frame decals for it somewhere, I will have a look and then update accordingly.

Bigfoot Smokestone frame 19.5'' centre of B.B to top of seat tube, approx 17.5 C2C
Pace RC35 fork, fresh elastomers and serviced a couple of years ago. Hardly used since.
Hope hubs,Mavic 117 rims with advanced systems Ti-dye spokes.
Panaracer smoke and dart classic tyres (new when fitted)
Zero titanium wheel q.r's
Mavic headset
Control tech stem
USE bars
USE seatpost
Flite saddle
Porcipaw grips (nos when fitted)
Royce Ti B.B and crank bolts
Middleburn RS2 cranks
Oddesey sharkbite pedals
Pace chainrings
M900 rear derailleur
M900 front derailleur
M900 rapidfire units
Onza H.O cantis and chill pills. Aftermarket taper headed titanium bolts fitted to all clamps, original steel bolts can be included if required.
X-Lite titanium canti bolts
Kool stop brake pads (new when fitted)
M900 cassette (nos when fitted)
TNT cassette lockring
HG 92 chain (new when fitted)

I think that's about it. Everything works perfectly and it's a lot of fun to ride, lightweight and very responsive. This was as close to my dream build as I was able to find parts for at the time and it took a lot of time and money to complete. I really don't want to split due to time and health issues so I'm hoping to sell it complete.

Photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FGGg9fCHNgyaToaC6
The photos on the wet patio were taken today without any cleaning work beforehand. The garage shots are older but show off good she looks when cleaned up.

I'm based in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. Postage available at a cost, message to discuss.

£875 ono, or £1175 for both. SOLD @£1175 FOR BOTH.

Have you got or can you take pic of serial numbers - I’ve got an Ozone and keen to know how they all fit

Frame number pics should now be up.
Have you tried contacting Graham at slam69 in Gloucester about how the frames numbers worked? I'd imagine he'd be able to help.

Re:

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I wanted to give the disappointed people who missed out the great news that I will soon be listing by Ozone, so watch this space! ;) 18" c-t so a bit smaller.

Re: Re:

BarneyRubble":3hotprip said:
Sorry to hijack your thread, but I wanted to give the disappointed people who missed out the great news that I will soon be listing by Ozone, so watch this space! ;) 18" c-t so a bit smaller.

PM’d you BR ;)

Back