93ish Fat Chance Yo Eddy Grello

tylerannjohnson

Retro Newbie
Just finished the build of my yo Eddy. Been riding it for a few weeks but finally got the wheels back from being laced up. Tried to keep it visually correct but with some modern tubeless rims and tires for durability and ease. I'm not sure of year since the serial number can't really be read. Has 1" steerer and painted to match stem of which brand I cannot figure out. I absolutely love the way this thing rides!

- Shimano M900 XTR cranks, shifters, derailleurs, bottom bracket and brakes
- Answer Hyperlite Bars
- Chris King 1” headset
- Ultra Dynamico Mars Race tires on Sim Works Standalone rims laced to Nuke Proof carbon body hubs
- Flite Titanium Saddle
- Sakae TCO Seat Post
- Time Atac Pedals
- Magic Components Dango Bros cable straddles

Attachments

• IMG_6331.JPG
    IMG_6331.JPG
    920.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_6330.JPG
    IMG_6330.JPG
    760.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6329.JPG
    IMG_6329.JPG
    992.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6328.JPG
    IMG_6328.JPG
    808.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6327.JPG
    IMG_6327.JPG
    694.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_6326.JPG
    IMG_6326.JPG
    898.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6325.JPG
    IMG_6325.JPG
    856.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6324.JPG
    IMG_6324.JPG
    825.5 KB · Views: 131
It´s earlier than a 93: it has the older yo eddy fork. A 93 would be susp corrected w/ the BOI fork.
Very interesting stem you ve got there. The TCO post was the choice in 1990/91 Yo Eddys.
I also ride tubeless on my fat wicked since it´s cactus everywhere here. Would love to try a Yo.
Btw: nice to see a Fat Chance built to ride.

Last edited:
It´s earlier than a 93: it has the older yo eddy fork. A 93 would be susp corrected w/ the BOI fork.
Very interesting stem you ve got there. The TCO post was the choice in 1990/91 Yo Eddys.
I also ride tubeless on my fat wicked since it´s cactus everywhere here. Would love to try a Yo.
Btw: nice to see a Fat Chance built to ride.
Thanks for the info! I'll update to a 92 for now and maybe one day figure out what year it is haha. I got the frame/fork/stem/seatpost together and saw the TCO on a lot of builds as well as being one of the few 29.4mm seat posts around so went with it! Good to know more of the timeframe from that post. I guess the XTR group is a little later but this wasn't built to be period correct as much as to be what I wanted to ride.

Next up is sorting out the 95 Fat Chance Shock-A-Billy. Going to go for lots of polished bits on this one, including polishing the Amp B2 rear end.

Attachments

• IMG_6332 Small.jpeg
    IMG_6332 Small.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 52
Lovely! It looks to be the same size as mine large/19" .... but with paint that isn't covered in scratches and chips :)

- Ultra Dynamico Mars Race tires on Sim Works Standalone rims laced to Nuke Proof carbon body hubs

How do those Ultra Dynamico Tyres hold up? Been tempted to get the Rubusto ones once I get a Mountain Bike again

Bit off topic, but... Used some Rene Herse ones for about a year on my Roberts Clubman. Amazing on the road, but sadly any rough stuff with the sniff of a piece of flint and it was like the sidewalls were magnets for flint and. I live just below the South Downs, which are made of flint and chalk. I can only fit 30s or slim 32s on that bike and their reinforced sidewall ones start at 35. Shame cos really nice tyres, light and grippy.

Back