84 Andy Powell Early Overbury's MTB

Re: 83 Andy Powell Early Overbury's MTB

I'm not convinced either but the risers were a bit much too. Cow horns for now.

And flat cap. :)

Re:

Lovely looking bike. I thought the Blackwall tyres suited it rather well, but I think the current amberwall Panaracers fit the bill even better(er).

Not much else to do but ride it is there?

It's a very relaxed, efficient and thoroughly pleasurable experience, bimbling about through the glorious countryside on a beautifully simple and elegant bicycle. A real treasure.

Re: 82? Andy Powell Early Overbury's Crossfell type MTB

The History Man":3nyz9nqs said:
Just been for a drive. The owner from new, Gerald, says it was 82. The seatpost is 82 so that ties in so I'll go with that for now as there's no date on the handwritten receipt...

The post is a little short for me so if anybody has an early silver 27.2 350mm to 325mm post I'm your man. SR Laprade currently.

Pre- 1984 all micro adjusting seat pins were short with the longest available being the 190mm SR Laprade. Though you could buy standard alloy round top pins of that were 200mm long. This was a problem for long legged riders like myself until the 300mm SP-2000 Superbe Suntour pins became available in mid 1984.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/suntour-superbe ... SwiQ9ZVcC5

Also, Andy Powells have the year of production as the middle two digits of their serial number

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for that. I shall have a look after the highlights.

Time for a thread title change!

AP8440
MB

Re: 82? Andy Powell Early Overbury's Crossfell type MTB

legrandefromage":3pirj8ak said:
Very nice

Possibly 1982 but unlikely as Reynolds didnt bring out specific 531 and 501 All Terrain tubing until 1983 - my money would be on 1984, especially with the other components. Deerhead was for the 1983 season too.

Let me know if you get bored of it as its my size.

Scroll down for Shimano date codes

http://www.vintage-trek.com/component_dates.htm

Chapeau LGF

Back