80's Roberts frame & forks.

Dicky71

Retro Guru
Hello everyone. I've never done this before so keep your fingers crossed or i'll have to ask one of my teenage children to help me, providing they've got the time to spare of course. The nr stamped on the BB is 85 326, as well as i can read it. I tried to get it running with an 8 speed Campag set up but never succseeded in trimming it in. Then i lost interest & my Grandad left me a £1000. I went for something modern 2006 & i'm still tweeking, fiddling & pimping it when i've got the funds.

Regards,
Richard Lees.

Attachments

• Roberts frame.jpg
    Roberts frame.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 387
  • Roberts frame3.jpg
    Roberts frame3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 387
  • Roberts frame5 - kopia.jpg
    Roberts frame5 - kopia.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 387
  • Roberts frame2.jpg
    Roberts frame2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 386
Re:

I can't tell you much, other than the year of manufacture, which is usually the first two numbers with a Roberts frame, so 1985.

Re:

Hello again. Is there anyone out there willing to suggest how much it is worth? I think it has potential, it just needs someone to do the right thing and take care of it. I admit the colour scheme is not exactly mouth watering by todays standards but it isn't consumed with ferrous cancer either. When it was new it looked fantastic. It was metallic red, white & blue with gold decals. Probably not a cheap paint scheme.
Regards,
Richard Lees.

Re:

Look at ebay and you will get the impression that all things Roberts are worth a small (or large) fortune. Look again and you will see those expensive bikes listed, and relisted and relisted.

If it is a popular size, 54/6/8 then I'd say £250 to £350, you will see them listed for £950, that may be what they are worth, but that's not what they sell for.

Others may disagree with me, but that's what I'd pay these days for a well made frame in useable condition.

And I quite like the colour, but then I have a bright orange and black DOGS BOLX.

No there isn´t. Now i suppose you're all thinking it's a fake. I sent it Roberts around 1990 for a repair, mods & a respray. I saw it when it was new aswell. I knew the origonal owner. I am the 3rd owner of it. As far as i know it hasn't fallen off the back of a lorry. I have contacted owner nr1 for some details if he remembers.

You asked for a price and the panto'd frames do fetch a bit more, rather like Gios frames with the coin in the fork crown.

I'd plump for £250 for the frame :)

Shaun

Now we're coming to the crunch. Is anyone interested enough to part with £250 + postage costs? I have a suitable box & i will pack really well.

Richard.

Back