T J Quick frame origins & 80s Roberts frame & forks.

Dicky71

Retro Guru
Hello everyone. I have just started renovating a T J Quick aluminium luggless racing frame from the beginning of the 90s, i think. Does anyone know who built them or where they came from. It is built with Columbus Altec tubing. The downtube is oval & there is no pinch bolt for the seatpost. Secondly, is there any interest for my Roberts racing frame, built in 84 i think. Its been resprayed twice since its been in my possesion. It has also had some mods done to it when it got resprayed & repaired by Roberts in about 2002, if i remember rightly. It hasn't been on the road since 2005 & is now in a loft gathering dust waiting to be taken care of & appreciated. It's not complete as it is but i do have the origonal forks in the colour it was resprayed in back 2002. That was BMW Royal Blue. At the moment the main tubes are Volvo Saffran gold & the rear triangle is black. I've had carbon forks on it for shock absorbtion. I had issues with my shoulders & i couldn't hold the bars without it being painfull at the end of a ride. Is anyone interested? What is it worth? I live in Sweden so there would be a postal charge involved aswell.

Regards,
Richard Lees, former member of the Cardiff 100 Miles RCC from 1983 to about 1990, if my memory serves me well.

Yes you're absolutly right. I'll just have to get my act together & bring it out of the dark. Thanks for the tip.

Back