68mm isis 113mm bottom bracket, replacement.

Kona-Ian

Senior Retro Guru
Bottom bracket has had it, it's creaking.
Removed old one and it's:

FSA Platinum.
68mm
isis
113mm
BC 1.37" x 24T

Trying to find a red one but don't seem to be lots of options available with the ISIS.

Old one lasted well, from a 2002 bike.

Re:

I've got an fsa titanium mega quad new in packet and I think the same size as your old one. Its not red though, silver/ti and very light.

I will try to find a red one Ian.
Out of interest how much would you sell it for?
Can PM, thanks.

Re:

The rrp on these was silly, over £100 iirc. I bought it for a project but that's long gone now and I've no isis cranks left. £30 posted. Its new, still in the case and has all the bolts etc, even special grease and stickers.

Re:

ISIS overdrive was an earlier attempt at something like the current T47 shell. It's a threaded BB shell, but way oversized to use more durable/larger bearings.

I have never seen a frame that actually used the standard in the wild, just didn't catch on.

Re:

SKF used to make an ISIS BB that was effin' brilliant. I'm not sure where you'd get one in Europe anymore but a little US shop guaranteed those they sold for life! The bearings went, they'd send you another!
Not sure if they still have any, or who they were, but I think it cost about $100. Not cheap, but they do last a long, long time...
And they're red...

SKF used to make skateboard bearings didn't they?

Will that Truvativ one fit?
Guessing not..it's 68mm x 113mm though.

Will look up the SKF one thanks.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back