4-5 inch section of SKS 35 mm mudguard (pref Silver)

rjg123

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Hi, bit of a random request here.
Fell off my commuter the other week on black ice and ended up breaking my rear mudguard!

Ive tried using duct tape etc but once it gets wet its rubbish.

Does anyone by any chance have an old broken section of 35 mm sks plastic mudguard i can have to fix my bust one one with (was gonna just superglue this to the existing broken section possibly using a couple of small bolts too.)

obv ill cover delivery costs etc!

help a tight wad out and save him forking out £30 for a new pair!

im located in Chipping Sodbury and commute daily into Bristol so could come and meet u anywhere in bristol! if local.

Cheers

I've got 18cm (+4cm for the mudflap) section of 47mm wide mudguard, it'll look a little odd but not terribly so & as it is for the back section you'll not see it whilst riding :D
A bit of PVC coated chicken wire through the holes and twist to tighten will work forever and a day (I know I've done it!) or even a longish zip tie which I've also done (halfway round an audax when bolt came out and I left the zip tie there for over a year..lol)
say £3 posted to cover a little for packing(it's too thick to go large letter sadly)
gimme a shout with deets if any good to you.
12947016393_18ea918818_c.jpg

I believe they are .... I think I have stays too, but no mud flaps on them - there's a small hole
in the bottom of both to fit said flaps :)

Overlay the new section over the original guard and drill a series of parallel holes.
Zip tie if you dont have access to rivets.

Superglue is too brittle,its not the best glue for a huge range of things it gets used for.
A 15 minute 2 pack epoxy is a far more permanent fixing. Available in syringe form, from most of the pound shops ;)

Back