3D Printing Bike stuff. Links and Things

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
There have been a few 3D Printing topics crop up, I know I use it to make chainring spacers, simple Allen bolts/plugs, Judy Bushing, seal tools among other things.
So thought we could create some good
Print This links.

Stuff you've done
Stuff you've found
We can always tidy it up later.

Doesn't have to be retro, but retro biased of course ;-) . Mainly as we can always edit stuff for older use.

STI shifter under cap, maybe a start point for you...

200GS and similar lever part

Hope have given some modern stuff

slamming a steerer, using a 5mm spacer but keeping the dust sheild for the top bearing.

So far, I've used 3D printing at my local library for small parts like valve dust caps, bleeder blocks and cable clips.

The bleeder blocks in particular are excellent for isolating individual pistons for cleaning.

Feck sake, when you 3D print a tool and then remember you needed to adjust it to 28mm.

Anyway

(Mainly as I can't find my waste pipe tube, which works brilliantly normally. That and socket sets.)

Predicted cost to print in my PLA ~30p

30mm Marzocchi (aka Bomber) & also Rond fork seal tools (use the same seals)
Someone has kindly made the basics
Air/Oil seal tool

Wiper seal tool

anyone anything new?
New idea, slightly off topic, but can't find anywhere else to post. Commonality? 3D printers use linear pull micro stepper motors and I have an idea that includes a linear micro pull stepper motor.

Can I design an aftermarket electronic shifter system for the new Shimano Cues groupsets by using a linear micro pull stepper motor anchored to the driveside chainstay pulling the regular cable from the rear derailleur? Cues has a standard 3.5mm cable pull across all speeds. Battery (not required for E-Bikes?) and chip mounted at BB/ST area. Cables/wireless? to touch or toggle switch on handle bars. Off the shelf components? Having challenges finding any information on pull/holding torque for Shimano Cues RD? What do people think? Any feedback most welcome. TIA.

New idea, slightly off topic, but can't find anywhere else to post. Commonality? 3D printers use linear pull micro stepper motors and I have an idea that includes a linear micro pull stepper motor.

Can I design an aftermarket electronic shifter system for the new Shimano Cues groupsets by using a linear micro pull stepper motor anchored to the driveside chainstay pulling the regular cable from the rear derailleur? Cues has a standard 3.5mm cable pull across all speeds. Battery (not required for E-Bikes?) and chip mounted at BB/ST area. Cables/wireless? to touch or toggle switch on handle bars. Off the shelf components? Having challenges finding any information on pull/holding torque for Shimano Cues RD? What do people think? Any feedback most welcome. TIA.
Yes and no.

I've spoken about this a few a times. It's suitable with a worm gear and a PID controlled stepper. Worm gear is self holding. Issue is size.

These folks have done it already.

Yes and no.

I've spoken about this a few a times. It's suitable with a worm gear and a PID controlled stepper. Worm gear is self holding. Issue is size.

These folks have done it already.

Thanks for the reply. Read a few reviews, seems interesting. Lots of bells and whistles with device based app, on the fly tuning, choice of shifters etc. I was thinking of a fairly dumb device, seems Shimano have committed long term to the standardized 3.5mm cable pull for lower range derailleurs, so out of the box plug and play default setting might be possible? Cabled rather than wireless. Should save a good few $ on the $449 for the Archer. CUES with Linkglide is never going to be a lightweight competition/enthusiast focused groupset, so weight and high-end performance wouldn't be a selling point. More ease of use. May be a LBS/point of purchase after-market upgrade for less than $200 that can be fitted in 15 minutes before you roll your bike off the showroom floor might find a niche in the market? Though probably if it has been thought of before then E-Bike manufacturers are probably already planning to build bikes with a similar setup and maybe that is why Shimano has decided on such a robust and standardised build for CUES. Maybe Shimano see the future as all entry level bikes being some form of E-Bike or E-Bike optioned... ?
Thanks again for the reply.

Back