26TPI bottom bracket

It really depends on your crankset.
Adding 3mm makes sense but the spacing offset be different, as some bb's are asymmetric some are symmetrical.

The old Raleigh bottom bracket shell you have was only wider because the RH cup was screwed inside the edge, whereas standard RH bracket cups had a shoulder.
I have no idea how this affects axle length.
Keith

Right , He may have, I will need to make sure his eye sight ia worst than mine ! . I will go and look tomorrow and pick two up together with the right lock ring if they are 26 tpi .

Right , He may have, I will need to make sure his eye sight ia worst than mine ! . I will go and look tomorrow and pick two up together with the right lock ring if they are 26 tpi .

Thanks, that is much appreciated.

I tried an British bb and it didn’t thread in more than 1/3rd, rough count indicates 26 TPI, but there is also minor damage to threads. Want to try a 26TPI before going threadless.

I have 4 cups 2 pairs that might do the job . Checking the threads tomorrow with bros thread gauge .
Noticed you said minor damage to threads . Have you thought about taking it to a lbs and ask them to run a thread cleaning tool through each side . I might make all the difference . NB . Tell them you think it might be 26 tpi first .

Pm me ypur detals and I will mpot the cups to you if they are the right thread .
Had loads of these a while back and together with axles I weghted the lot in for scrap !!

If the ones I have are wrong have you seen these .

I have 4 cups 2 pairs that might do the job . Checking the threads tomorrow with bros thread gauge .
Noticed you said minor damage to threads . Have you thought about taking it to a lbs and ask them to run a thread cleaning tool through each side . I might make all the difference . NB . Tell them you think it might be 26 tpi first .

Pm me ypur detals and I will mpot the cups to you if they are the right thread .
Had loads of these a while back and together with axles I weghted the lot in for scrap !!

If the ones I have are wrong have you seen these .

Thanks, much appreciated, PM on the way.

Yes, last week I spoke to LBS recommended by someone I trust for that. They regularly refurb vintage bikes and will to thread cleaning and BB shell facing. Frame will be going there once I have all the bits together. Unfortunately they can’t do it while I wait as too busy. I will also be asking them to clean the fork thread.

I saw the eBay listing and contacted the seller. He has mis-listed the cups, and hasn’t got a pair. Too bad!

Back