26" Tan/Amber Wall Tires?

I'm currently running Gravel King SK, which are good on the road, loose gravel and a bit of light mud.. looking at the pics of the Sim Works and wondering if I'd even be much better off with those?
I have some Gravel Kings, but on a GT Strike Road bike... hard to make a comparison with a 2.1 mountain bike tyre! but I'd guess that the Super Yummy's would give a bit more grip at the expense of rolling speed... but that's just a guess though!

There's also the price to consider too.. A pair of Super Yummy is 2.5 x a combo of Smoke and Dart...

I can't stand black walls and will fit tan walls to everything I own! (even my 29er!) 🤣

207967cf-377b-4b80-b88a-d662c9af34f6.jpeg
IMG_2424.jpeg
IMG_1300.jpeg
IMG_2270.jpeg

I have a few sets of Smoke & Darts, however I do love Nobby Nics on my bikes if I'm going to ride them in anger and actually really like the aesthetic...Much to the chagrin of many of my Retrobike peers, whom metaphorically slapped my legs in Oct BOTM for having my Breezer shod in a set! 🤦‍♂️😬🤣

I can't stand black walls and will fit tan walls to everything I own! (even my 29er!) 🤣

View attachment 798000
View attachment 798001
View attachment 798002
View attachment 798003

I have a few sets of Smoke & Darts, however I do love Nobby Nics on my bikes if I'm going to ride them in anger and actually really like the aesthetic...Much to the chagrin of many of my Retrobike peers, whom metaphorically slapped my legs in Oct BOTM for having my Breezer shod in a set! 🤦‍♂️😬🤣
Heheh, I love your Breezer as it is... I have Tan Wall Smoke and Darts on my Lightning and Thunder ;-)

I've just plumped for a set of the folding Dart/Smoke combo from Tredz (fiver off if you spend £50, and free delivery over £20...)

They'll be going on my Pro-Flex after I got some period correct wheels recently. If I'm lucky I may get a ride in over the next couple of weeks and will report back...

Tan/brown/whatever that colour is-wall Nobby Nics in 26" don't seem to be around atm

I would guess that because tan wall tyres are a small percentage of overall sales that most manufacturers make tan walls in batches and then distribute to retailers. This can mean that, based on demand, you can have periods of low or zero availability. I've noticed the same with Smoke and Darts too... can't even see them on the Panaracer site atm!

Some what off topic (since not tan wall), but what are peoples opinions on 26" Ritchey tyres? Though it seems like only the z max evolution is available these days?

Back