2009 Yeti ARC

Double-E F

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Finally got round to changing the BB on this one (had to source the right 'modern' tool for it.. :oops: ) and took it out for a spin across the new trails in the area this morning. Quite dry and dusty out there at the moment :cool: !

p5pb18545281.jpg

The BB had been more or less stuck ever since a very muddy ride in March of last year :shock:

p5pb17005163.jpg

p5pb17005162.jpg

I have been building, riding and changing my retro steeds in the meantime.

Still like this Yeti a lot though and today's ride was relatively comfy :LOL: I keep telling myself this bike is still sufficiently modern for my modest riding style, as I'm not looking to buy an anonymous black carbon 29-er anytime soon ;)

As you can see, my ARC emits quite the retrovibe: it has been ever since I got the bike from Bromley Bikes in the UK, back in september of 2009.
Quite quickly changed the black Mavic wheels and RaceFace Evolve parts for silver versions, with a retro twist..

p5pb6180527.jpg

p5pb6180522.jpg

This Yeti has been on a vast number of rides and tours with me, both in the Netherlands, as well as abroad and it has been mostly flawless along the way (apart from a broken chain years ago).

p5pb14502064.jpg

p5pb18545365.jpg

p5pb18545391.jpg

In its favorite, snowy, habitat
p4pb9128739.jpg

p5pb9128741.jpg

Hopefully, I'll be able to lay my hands on a real retro ARC frame (18-20", non-cracked, please..) one day..

Cheers!

Re:

I traveled through Durango Colorado, where Yetis are made, in February before the virus lock down. I really wish I had more time to stop and see the factory or go for a ride. They are such great bikes. I'm envious or yours.

Love it, really regret not buying one i was offered a few years ago.

I think one of these is what I'd replace my old runaround Sworks with if I got the chance.

Love it. Used to covet them on trips to Bromley Bike. Nice to see it getting some mileage in your races and on tour.
Just bought myself a 2003 alloy yeti FRO frame that's going to be the basis of a light but not too stupid (<8kg) cross country bike. I've gone back to 26" wheels in the last year having ridden 29" for about ten years. I'm shocked by how much i prefer them. Faster acceleration, more nimble, lighter, stronger...
Long live the yeti 26" hardtail!

Went out this morning to find almost perfect conditions on the trails around my home town: love the onset of autumn..
Was curious to find out whether I would note the difference now that my 2009 Rock Shox SID Race forks were completely revised recently :)

p5pb21388939.jpg

p5pb21388940.jpg

I really enjoyed the ride, hardly any people out there, despite the sun and morning freshness. Forks felt great, although some of the descents (like that along the 'trauma trail') were really bumpy due to very intense use (and unnecessary braking in a lot of the supposedly flowy turns) recently, but great fun nonetheless..!

Who needs a freakin' 29'er..?

Well..

I've been seriously thinking about moving over to the dark side to buy a full suspension carbon 29" mountainbike, but due to the overwhelming possibilities and decisions to make (and the very long expected delivery times), I still haven't pulled the trigger on a new bike yet..

So, meanwhile, I've been enjoying my 26" hardtail ARC out on the trails. Last month, I scored a Ti Syncros seat post in the correct size for this bike for 15 EUR on Marktplaats (because the lower cradle was missing, but I just took that from the alu post I had installed..) and earlier today I suddenly remembered having bought a new 9sp cassette and chain during lockdown :).

Installed the new kit today, also replaced the shifter cables.
Ready for a good number of offroad miles again, surely until I acquire a new toy..

Attachments

• 20220430_141112.jpg
    20220430_141112.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220430_141216.jpg
    20220430_141216.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 7
Back