2000 Raleigh RSP 550

Wow that’s one classy saddle - have never seen that before

I have some red USE spinstix

Had a couple of new arrivals in the last few days. Most important of which was an FRM Web stem from ibbz. What a gent, and what a tremendous improvement. You have a good eye my man. Screenshot_20210807-210326_Gallery.jpg
The brake bosses arrived. So they've been fitted along with the rear brake. Screenshot_20210807-210100_Gallery.jpg
Cables: I've decided to try these for a bit of a change. I thought I'd try the Ice Gray instead of the regular black. Screenshot_20210807-210037_Gallery.jpg All I'm waiting for now is the seatpost- A Thomson, which should be here in about a week, as the vendor is on holiday....

Man that is looking so so classy. The stem looks better than what I had envisaged!!
There’s a matching FRM black scandium Seatpost on eBay right now but it’s 30.6mm :(
Really like the colour of the shifters and collar/stem cap - lovely classy colour contrast.

That’s looking as sweet as ever.
The black theme is really stealthy and damn cool. I wonder how much it weighs?
Personally I think the chainset would perhaps look better if it were to be changed to something more in tune with the look. A black chainset like this would like ideal and make the bike even lighter. Not necessarily this but say something black or darker - I guess a M950 would work.

Attachments

• E45796D2-AED4-4E1E-8CD9-8A63367CC2DC.jpeg
    E45796D2-AED4-4E1E-8CD9-8A63367CC2DC.jpeg
    606.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Um, I'm thinking this is, for now, about finished.

Couldn't buy all the bits I wanted - some very nice things rocked up on here in the last couple of weeks - as I've got a house purchase about to complete, a car that is poorly, and I now have to be sensible. So it's a bit of a compromise build, using a number of parts I already had.

I've no doubt when common sense goes offline again parts will be replaced, but for now this is what I have... Screenshot_20210829-192948_Gallery.jpg I need to fine tune the gears, otherwise we're good to go

Last edited:
Um, I'm thinking this is, for now, about finished.

Couldn't buy all the bits I wanted - some very nice things rocked up on here in the last couple of weeks - as I've got a house purchase about to complete, a car that is poorly, and I now have to be sensible. So it's a bit of a compromise build, using a number of parts I already had.

I've no doubt when common sense goes offline again parts will be replaced, but for now this is what I have...View attachment 566199I need to fine tune the gears, otherwise we're good to go
Mark that looks sweet! Everything just works - the black and dark components show off the frame!
now you got to ride it!

Was admiring this beauty again - can’t but help thinking that it’s crying out for some M95x dark grey cranks

Back