199x Klein Rascal too good to passup or passable?

I'd buy it and keep it if it were me, so if you do want to sell on for a profit, fork and all as I like the lawwill leader myself, let me know ;)

If you wanted to swap the fork I've a number of options that would suit, no rs mags though.

Not sure what I'd do tbh, probably depends how well I know the seller.

One thing I defo wouldn't do though is stick it up for sale on here in a few weeks for market value ;)

yagamuffin":1qr0siz5 said:
technodup":1qr0siz5 said:
It would take about five minutes for the owner to find out what it would/should sell for. Either he hasn't (his fault) or he has and he's doing it to a friend at a good price. Obviously this option hasn't crossed anyone's mind so far- too busy jumping on the boo hiss bandwagon.

Personally I'd buy it then part it out to squeeze every last dollar out of it. Maximise your earnings. Never look a gift horse in the mouth etc etc.

And you would still "flip-it"?
I would "flip-out" if a friend did that to me...
Aye. I wouldn't rub it in his face but if he knows what it's worth and sells for less (for whatever reason) then can't really have any complaint.

It's such a sanctimonious bullshit argument about the morals of it imo, what would happen if it was something that suddenly went up in value between purchase and sale? Is it immoral to profit in that way too? If I sold a rare Whitney Houston LP to a friend a month ago and now she's dead he sells it on for more is that so bad? You win some, you lose some.

Nobody's forcing anyone to sell. He's doing it of his free will. Likewise the buyer can sell when he wants for how much he gets. I'd be more inclined to agree that friends shouldn't trade at all to avoid this situation than to get all huffy when someone makes a few quid. Buying and selling, or trading is essentially a business transaction. Profit is the main motive in business. If you don't like others making money you shouldn't trade with them at all.

We_are_Stevo":qq65wqj6 said:
Some people need to look up the meaning of the phrase 'Tongue in cheek' before getting verbose... ;)
There's more than a few on here who think that way (or claim to) so I'm not sure how we're supposed to tell the tongue in cheek from the rest...

I think deep down everyone likes to make an easy few quid but then I'm a cold hearted capitalist with few scruples.

technodup":3fk5qcv3 said:
We_are_Stevo":3fk5qcv3 said:
Some people need to look up the meaning of the phrase 'Tongue in cheek' before getting verbose... ;)
There's more than a few on here who think that way (or claim to) so I'm not sure how we're supposed to tell the tongue in cheek from the rest...

I think deep down everyone likes to make an easy few quid but then I'm a cold hearted capitalist with few scruples.

Despite my 'tongue in cheek' assertions to the contrary I have to admit I dunno if I could resist the temptation! ;)

technodup":1r2at2u0 said:

Don't get me wrong, we all like a bargain, I as much as the next man.

The 2 words that sat uneasy with me were 'family friend'

I will gladly pay under the odds to someone I've never met from ebay, but personally there's no way I could 'do over' somebody I knew.

Just my take at things.

ere-tis":27gau07u said:
technodup":27gau07u said:

Don't get me wrong, we all like a bargain, I as much as the next man.

The 2 words that sat uneasy with me were 'family friend'

I will gladly pay under the odds to someone I've never met from ebay, but personally there's no way I could 'do over' somebody I knew.

Just my take at things.

Yes, that would make me uneasy too...

What has made me uneasy is that someone has bought Whitney Houston into a retrobike debate. Whilst over time she had picked up a patina more than commensurate with age, it's hardly the same now is it. Head, hang and shame (though ultimately good example of your perspective).

Many people do not want to go to the hassle of figuring out what something is worth and nor do they want to take the time to sell something to a stranger. I would buy it for the asking price and if you end up selling it for a lot more I would treat your friend to a dinner or something

Back