Buying on retrobike...your personal rules?

I have bought and sold on a relatively small scale here for some years. Mainly PayPal f&f. Never (yet) had a problem. I have close regard for Feedback, but we all had to start once!
I also take account of comms, answers to questions etc.
I do tend to want to think the best of folk on here so knowingly accept some risk occasionally.
I am proud of my Gold Trader tag and would lose money to keep it!

I have bought and sold on a relatively small scale here for some years. Mainly PayPal f&f. Never (yet) had a problem. I have close regard for Feedback, but we all had to start once!
I also take account of comms, answers to questions etc.
I do tend to want to think the best of folk on here so knowingly accept some risk occasionally.
I am proud of my Gold Trader tag and would lose money to keep it!
I have on more than one occasion!!!

I've bought and sold a reasonable amount on here and only ever had a problem with an overseas sale. Buyer said it didn't arrive, and with no way to know if it has got there or not I refunded the money. It was the right thing to do, but it still grates - and I won't send abroad now.

The annoying thing is looking back at things I moved on ten or so years ago for bobbins that would have bought me a new house during the pandemic.

Would rather do business on here than ebay - it keeps parts in the RB family. Feedback threads are very helpful - and the core community has been around for years.

As a buyer I use Paypal goods with new members but pretty much never do that with established members of the forum. As a seller I'm happy to accept family/friends payments but would never take offense to some one adding on the fees and paying by goods and services. I try and package items as I'd like to receive them and with overseas postage and higher value items I always ask the buyer to decide on the level of insurance and make sure they know the risk is theirs if undervaluing.
I always try and remember to let people know when goods have arrived, and leave feedback too. The feedback system doesn't seem to get used too much these days, in my experience, and I've posted out all too many packages, both paid for and karma, and have never heard if they've arrived.

I've been pretty lucky so far just peoples difference In condition grade, but that just increases the odds of getting a 'rogue' soon.

I stick to a few established pushers sorry I meant sellers :D

Back