1999 Kona Pahoehoe 'Pipmeister' build thread

Yeah nice! Thinking this sort of setup, but with a frame bag that sits in the main triangle, for my sarnies and cake supply 😁

I am fully with you here sir.
I would dearly love to find a neon pink frame bag, such as the one I had at roughly age 10, attached to my 21" Raleigh Mustang (which was a strange pink-ish colour itself).
That bike was ace. I could fit heaps of micro machines in the bag too. As well as the various spanners and tyre levers we required for running repairs.
Me and my bro waving goodbye to our parents and let loose around Windermere, hawkshead ferry, then back around the top to white cross bay caravan park....
Yes this beer is making me wisftul of a forgotten youth..

Part of the heinous non correct sacrilegious conversion has occurred.

Laced a rear wheel today, DT Gr531 onto a Halo Spin Doctor. Only ordered 1 rim, I'm a muppet, so another should arrive tomorrow. These are 700c gravel rims. Front wheel pictured is one of Pips Pro3 26ers.

I have ripped off the triple, the front mech and shifter. Put on a wide range 11-42 Advent cassette. These are like £35 retail. A small link that fits on the rear mech allows it to accommodate, a Sunrace extender. Gears set and work, but the 42 front is just a mockup, I have a 38t narrow wide coming tomorrow. So as now, the old chain is still a little short, but will work fine I believe on a 38t.

Main issue has been rear tyre clearance, the Maxis Ravagers I had ordered in end up just too high to clear the seat stay and chain stay bridge, so experimenting on various tyres we have in the store, I think it will be a pair of WTB Cross Boss 700c x35 which clear OK. In tan wall.

Oh, and found an old P2 fork kicking around that had a mis faced brake bracket that couldn't be sold. So filed it a tad, and that now works and aligned in seconds with the k24 Oros. Also have a longer Raceface stem (100ish) that will go on. And clearly need to sort saddle angle.

So not far off, just a front wheel to lace and that will be a bargainous reimagining that has saved me from buying something like a Rove LTD...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 22.05.59.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 22.05.59.png
    978.6 KB · Views: 19
Back